Welcome to our new Citrix community!

RDP proxy - http/1.1 object not found

Sasi Tzdaka

Hi,

We updated VPX to 13.0-87.9
After the upgrade, users are unable to download the RDP file from the GATEWAY.
An additional TAB will be opened for them with the error
http/1.1 object not found

We performed a FAILOVER to the second NS which has not yet been upgraded and is in version 13.0-83.27 and the fault does not exist and users manage to download the RDP file and connect to their station.

The users receive the station through ATTRIBUTE from the AD

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-14 at 11.18.39.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After updating to 13.0-88.14 I also had this problem and found this thread. I also was able to confirm the RDP forced link works. This is because the bookmarks URLs are cached(separate web file for resources and bookmarks) in the browser and need to be updated to include the new NSC_NONCE= in the URL. You will see in /var/log/ns.log the message "RDP nonce not present in URL" if you are experiencing this issue. 

Update to new version. Clear browser cache. Worked for me. Yay!

Edited by Todd Johnson
Fix URL argument

13 hours ago, Todd Johnson1709155228 said:

After updating to 13.0-88.14 I also had this problem and found this thread. I also was able to confirm the RDP forced link works. This is because the bookmarks URLs are cached(separate web file for resources and bookmarks) in the browser and need to be updated to include the new NSC_NONCE= in the URL. You will see in /var/log/ns.log the message "RDP nonce not present in URL" if you are experiencing this issue. 

Update to new version. Clear browser cache. Worked for me. Yay!

How did you fix the URL argument?

Issue caused by the URL argument "NSC_NONCE" missing in the RDP proxy URL. 

Clear cache can solve the issue about the system configured bookmarks.

But the personal websites that added by user, will still have this issue. Seems like a bug.

21 hours ago, Artem Gusev said:

http/1.1 object not found - it's because cache. Just clear it or use incognito mode.

This is not a fix. I have tried both private browsing/incognito mode and clearing the browser cache on several browsers. RDP Proxy is still broken and gives the http/1.1 object not found error, with or without the new NSC_NONCE= value. This is when upgrading to 12.1 65.21.nc from 12.1 63.23.nc. I failed back to the other HA node that was on 12.1 63.23.nc and it is working again. Thanks, Citrix!

rdpproxyerror.png

Having a problem that is this, or very similar. Generated bookmarks from LDAP attribute work fine and have a NSC_NONCE parameter. Manually created bookmarks are missing the NSC_NONCE parameter and value. New InPrivate, forced refresh, different browser -- all the same results. I've also removed the /var/vpn/bookmarks entry for them, had them new InPrivate session and recreate, no change. We have 3 appliances and for the impacted users when we force them to 2 of the 3, keeps happening. On the 3rd appliance, works fine. 

Edit -- I forgot to add, upgrading to 13.1.33.52 from 13.1.27.59.

Edited by Jeff Burke

I have a the same problem I upgraded my VPXs from 12.1 63.22 to 12.1.65.21, and I am getting http/1.1 Object not Found, and I can see NSC_NONCE parameter in the  log,/var/log/ns.log, I was hoping that by flushing the Netscaler integrate cache I could launch the RDP connection but no luck. Deleted the browser cache, and recreated the bookmark but still no dice. I just opened a ticket with our priority support. 

Hopefully other users are having better luck with their support cases. Mine is being closed, acknowledging that it is an issue and the engineering group is working on it BUT not providing a NSHELP or any other way to track the issue for updates. I was told to just read the ADC release notes as they come out and search for my issue.

13 minutes ago, Jeff Burke1709156241 said:

Hopefully other users are having better luck with their support cases. Mine is being closed, acknowledging that it is an issue and the engineering group is working on it BUT not providing a NSHELP or any other way to track the issue for updates. I was told to just read the ADC release notes as they come out and search for my issue.

hmm my ticket is probably heading the same direction. 

On 11/10/2022 at 10:16 PM, Aaron Barker1709155737 said:

This is not a fix. I have tried both private browsing/incognito mode and clearing the browser cache on several browsers. RDP Proxy is still broken and gives the http/1.1 object not found error, with or without the new NSC_NONCE= value. This is when upgrading to 12.1 65.21.nc from 12.1 63.23.nc. I failed back to the other HA node that was on 12.1 63.23.nc and it is working again. Thanks, Citrix!

rdpproxyerror.png

I can confirm that this behaviour is seen going from 12.1.65.15->12.1.65.21.

If you publish RDP icons to the gateway, they will work on the newer version. It's strictly isolated to the user-created bookmarks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 1:38 AM, Kjell Bryne said:

We had the same issues. Had to use NSPEPI tool to convert but still same issue, but after changing the theme to RFWEBUI everthing started working again!!

Hello , I can confirm this workaround solves the issue in Citrix ADC 13.0-89.7.