Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Slow logon - macOS Only

JUSTIN KALLAS

Question

I'm just about at my wits end on this one.  In our environment, logins on macOS are incredibly slow and sometimes fail all together.  This is prior to launching an application, this is just during the login to the ADC.  So, our setup is pretty basic.  We have a single ADC in the DMZ and it is configured for Citrix Gateway use with our internal StoreFront server.  Everything works wonderfully on Windows and iPadOS.  But when logging in on macOS it is very common to see "Citrix Workspace" with the spinning blue circle for minutes on end (picture attached).  If I log into StoreFront via the ADC in a web browser on macOS it also works just fine.  But when using Workspace it just hangs and hangs.  Our ADC had been through several upgrades as well as having been moved between multiple hypervisors, so tonight I built a brand new ADC from scratch using the latest build (13.1-21.50).  This is the VPX running on KVM hypervisor.   I'm stumped as to what the issue is, but getting connected from macOS is painful at best.  The issue has to be something with ADC because if we are in the office and connect it logs right in, so we are bypassing the ADC and connecting directly to StoreFront at that point.  I've also tried doing a full uninstall and reinstall of Workspace in macOS, same issue persists.  Certificate chain is valid (using a wildcard cert that is linked to the provider's Root CA certificate).  Anyone have any thoughts at all as to what the issue could be?  Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 10.33.32 PM.png

6 answers to this question

On 4/22/2022 at 6:06 PM, Rahul Sukumar said:

I have the exact same issue and posted it here: https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/416114-unstable-connection-with-workspace-for-mac-through-netscaler-gateway/

This must be a bug. I have a support case opened with Citrix but so far they have no clue.

hi there

we have the exact the same issue since we integrated Citrix FAS with Azure MFA with a freshly setup storefront server. Did you guys find a solution?

Based on the original post (April), this is likely an issue with the Workspace app for Mac. We had similar issues. The cause was that the Mac Workspace client attempts to connect using UDP/DTLS and should fall back to TCP if UDP doesn't work. A few Mac Workspace versions early in 2022 were not correctly falling back. Oddly enough, sometimes it would work. But most times it would not. This also affected Linux clients. Later Workspace version should have resolved the issue. You can also use the workarounds below to disable UDP/DTLS if you do not have it enabled on your Netscalers.

Mac Workaround

defaults write com.citrix.receiver.nomas HDXOverUDPAllowed -bool NO

Linux Workaround

Update /home/.icaclient/All_Regions.ini

Update the following line.

HDXOverUDP=Off

image.png