Welcome to our new Citrix community!

I have a strange issue while I'm trying to make an automated installation and configuration of StoreFront in a lab environment.

Currently i'm at the point that I have a fully configured StoreFront SF01 and an empty SF02 and the next step would be to issue the following command on SF01:

Start-STFServerGroupJoin -IsAuthorizingServer -Confirm:$false

This command is running nicely when I log into the machine and issue it in PowerShell, however if I do it remotely it gives me a strange error:

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/Citrix/ClusterService that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.ServiceModel.AddressAccessDeniedException: The pipe name could not be obtained for net.pipe://localhost/Citrix/ClusterService. ---> System.IO.PipeException: The pipe name could not be obtained for the pipe URI: Unrecognized error 5 (0x5)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeSharedMemory.Open(String sharedMemoryName, Uri pipeUri)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnectionInitiator.GetPipeName(Uri uri, IPipeTransportFactorySettings transportFactorySettings)

495105207_Screenshot2022-03-19at16_13_52.thumb.png.efe50d631536543978a86389353664a2.png1671055746_Screenshot2022-03-19at16_14_05.thumb.png.20bccc2b22bb9ea58127fb4cce9c8d31.png

As you can see from the screenshots the ClusterService is started and listening on it's "net.pipe" address, however if I issue the cmdlet remotely it just says it's not there.

I've been through a quite extensive troubleshooting where I've checked the following:

Facts:

-  Cmdlet works locally but not remotely with the same domain admin account

-  OS version: Windows Server 2016

-  Citrix version: 1912 CU4

-  Windows Firewall is Turned OFF on all machines

-  StoreFront 1912 SDK command reference: https://developer-docs.citrix.com/projects/storefront-powershell-sdk/en/latest/

NOTE: I'm only using a domain admin account for every step!

If I run the cmdlet with Invoke-Command from another machine i get the same error.

If I run the cmdlet from an ansible playbook where I'm using:

- WinRM connection on 5869 SSL port to SF01 and SF02 machines

- Tried with NTLM and CredSSP authentication methods (where CredSSP also have credential delegation)

i get the same error

CitrixClusterService" is running and it's running under NetworkService, so

- I've tried to instruct Ansible to use Become command to run my script with NetworkService account. When I do this, I get the following error:

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open CitrixClusterService service on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GetServiceHandle(Int32 desiredAccess)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Stop()

at Citrix.DeliveryServices.Framework.Deployment.Utilities.WindowsServiceExtensions.ShutDownService(ServiceController serviceController, TimeSpan timeOutPeriod)

1437648165_Screenshot2022-03-19at16_58_26.thumb.png.1ea0adc14736a580238802aa1a9abe43.png1280925500_Screenshot2022-03-19at16_59_08.thumb.png.96596338238d9f32c4cb481d3ad1bd22.png

I've checked the Local Security Policies for my domain admin user to have all required privileges for delegation and impersonation - all there.

Based on this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/windows-security/seimpersonateprivilege-secreateglobalprivilege

Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Istvan, we also have the same problem, when using a WinRM connection.... locally on server its fine.

But for us to automate deployments, we also need to get this working, have you had any luck finding a solution ?

We can demonstrate it with:-

Start-DSClusterJoinService on the first store-front server.
Get-DSClusterServiceLocalPasscode which will return the passcode.

Using WinRM from another server connecting to the first store-front server.

Get-DSClusterServiceLocalPasscode : There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/Citrix/ClusterService that could accept the message.

Thanks

Martin

Edited by Martin Siddall
Updated info

• 1 year later...