Updated Privacy Statement

Credentials pop up on Mac keeps popping up. Why?

Diederik van der Staay

Question

When commencing a session with Citrix Workspace on my Mac, a pop-up asks for my credentials: login name, password for my organisation and the OneSpan Authenticator code, presumably to get Citrix Viewer up and running. Once entered I can then proceed and start Citrix Viewer and everything works fine. After about half an hour so, the credential asking pop-up pops up again and won't leave until I have entered my credentials again. Pretty annoying and apparently only happening on Mac computers. This repeats roughly every half hour or hour or so.

Even after having closed WorkSpace and Citrix Viewer (with the Close... -option in the File pull down menu), it still pops up. In the menu bar at the top of my screen I need to actively stop the Viewer again to make the pop up not popping up anymore.

This is occuring now every time I use Workspace since the last update to version 21.8.0.10(2108)

On 10/5/2021 at 10:10 AM, Sandeep Mishra1709162841 said:

Hi Tom,

The latest version of Citrix Workspace for Mac should now show this issue. Would you like to give it a try and share your feedback?

Here is the link to the page: https://www.citrix.com/en-in/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html

I have been using the update now for over 24-hours, but we are still getting the same pop-up throughout the day. It seems to do it primarily after some inactivity, but nothing seems to have changed.

11 hours ago, Tom Franklin said:

I have been using the update now for over 24-hours, but we are still getting the same pop-up throughout the day. It seems to do it primarily after some inactivity, but nothing seems to have changed.

Hi Tom, could you please check and confirm if Timeout settings are enabled for your system?

Here is a link to the document: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-gateway/current-release/vpn-user-config/configure-plugin-connections/configure-time-out-settings.html

Still experiencing this issue with 2109. If I downgrade to 2107 everything works perfectly.

@Sandeep: Please note that this isn't just a timeout issue, the main issue is that Citrix Workspace no longer remembers logon credentials, since version 2108.

We log on to the Storefront using our Microsoft account, and every time Workspace prompts for credentials, it asks for the email address and password, then prompts for MFA. The option to not prompt again for 7 days does not work either.

This can be reproduced even immediately after logging on, by going to settings > Refresh Apps - which will immediately sign you out and prompt for Email, Password and MFA again. After this, we get a message "Cannot sign in. Citrix Workspace cannot connect to the server." In some cases, clicking on the OK button here prompts for credentials again (email > password > MFA). This, coupled with the frequent timeouts make using Workspace 2108+ next to impossible.

This issue does not occur with 2107 and previous versions, so something clearly broke between 2107 -> 2108.
The devs need to review the the changes between 2107 -> 2108, roll back the relevant bits and build a test version - I'm happy to beta-test if such a version were made available.

I'm on macOS Big Sur 11.5.2 on an Apple M1.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:29 AM, Arpit Vijayvargiya said:

Hi All,

Issue regarding credentials pop up coming again every two hours is resolved in 21.09.1 Release. Please try out latest build from:https://www.citrix.com/en-in/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html.

You can also use Check for Update functionality and get updated to latest build.

Thanks,

Arpit

Hi Arpit,

21.09.1 fixes the repeated credential popup issue, but it doesn't fix the following two issues introduced since 2108:

- Credentials aren't remembered. Every time I open Workspace (or refresh apps), it asks for the email address, password and MFA. Whereas previously it would only ask for the password (and MFA once every 7 days)

- Occasionally, after signing on, I get an error saying "cannot sign on", and it takes me to the whole authentication cycle again - sometimes resulting in the same error again, thus having to authenticate three times.

Once again, the above two issues do not occur on 2107 or earlier builds.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.22.22 AM.png

On 9/6/2021 at 8:38 PM, Diederik van der Staay said:

When commencing a session with Citrix Workspace on my Mac, a pop-up asks for my credentials: login name, password for my organisation and the OneSpan Authenticator code, presumably to get Citrix Viewer up and running. Once entered I can then proceed and start Citrix Viewer and everything works fine. After about half an hour so, the credential asking pop-up pops up again and won't leave until I have entered my credentials again. Pretty annoying and apparently only happening on Mac computers. This repeats roughly every half hour or hour or so.

Even after having closed WorkSpace and Citrix Viewer (with the Close... -option in the File pull down menu), it still pops up. In the menu bar at the top of my screen I need to actively stop the Viewer again to make the pop up not popping up anymore.

This is occuring now every time I use Workspace since the last update to version 21.8.0.10(2108)

Could you please upgrade to Citrix Workspace for Mac version 2109.1? This issue has been fixed in this version. You should not see auth prompt coming again and again post this upgrade.

To upgrade, you can download build from https://www.citrix.com/en-in/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:54 AM, smanas487 said:

Hi Arpit,

21.09.1 fixes the repeated credential popup issue, but it doesn't fix the following two issues introduced since 2108:

- Credentials aren't remembered. Every time I open Workspace (or refresh apps), it asks for the email address, password and MFA. Whereas previously it would only ask for the password (and MFA once every 7 days)

- Occasionally, after signing on, I get an error saying "cannot sign on", and it takes me to the whole authentication cycle again - sometimes resulting in the same error again, thus having to authenticate three times.

Once again, the above two issues do not occur on 2107 or earlier builds.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.22.22 AM.png

Hi Smanas,

If you could share video for the issues along with the logs. it will be of great help in debugging and resolving these issues.

For collecting logs, you can use following article: https://www.citrix.com/en-in/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html

Please share verbose store logs.

Thanks,

Arpit

I too see the same issue as SManas.  the frequent prompts are gone but it is not remembering the credentials after reboot or if I kill the Citrix Workspace Authentication process.  I had created another thread not realizing it was the same issue.  https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/414679-workspace-app-not-honoring-azure-remember-me/.  We see it on catalina and big sur.  The 2111 version released this week doesn't seem to fix it either