Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Viewer (20.12.0 (700020.12.0.3)) Crash on Big Sur (11.0.1)

Devin Lackey

Question

Well, I took the plunge to Big Sur last night and it appears that citrix may be having some issues. I can get logged in to Workspace just fine, but when I launch any app, Receiver crashes and the OS returns a crash report. I used the Uninstaller in the latest Workspace dmg file to remove and then reinstall. Same issue. I'm wondering if there are some left over items that I need to clear out before the re-install. All of my preferences\accounts were removed, but I'm not sure everything was removed.

I have attached the crash log if that helps anyone.

Thank you all for any advice!

Citrix Crash.rtf

8 answers to this question

Ok, I found something that works for me. Not sure it will work for everyone. The crash logs indicated that ctxusbd crashed. I went to the path where that daemon is '/library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/', and noticed a config file called usb.conf. I renamed it usb.conf.old and everything started working. It did survive reboots / restarts. The app did not recreate that file. Good luck to all with this issue!

• Like 3

I was able to resolve it by using this page. https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX134237 to remove left over files. I removed more than the article suggested. Everything that was even remotely a part of Citrix in the recommended paths.

Uninstall

Reboot

Remove according to article

Reboot

Install

Hopefully this helps others.

Edited by mxfanatic
This didn't really work.
  • Like 1

Well, that worked for a few hours, but now it is crashing again. Not sure what else chanted. Logging in the app is turned off and I have 0 USB devices connected to my 2018 Mac Mini. I even created a new user, and tried it from there (same uninstall, reinstall instructions as before just to be sure). I suppose I could try a truly clean install (wipe HDD), but I don't think that is the issue.

I have the same issue. Since I moved to Big Sur after a couple of minutes the Citrix WP crashes. I use Citrix to connect remotely to my work so now I cannot work from home. I am considering a full recover from my latest time machine backup. I tries the above recommendations but it did not help.

On 11/15/2020 at 2:59 PM, Devin Lackey said:

Ok, I found something that works for me. Not sure it will work for everyone. The crash logs indicated that ctxusbd crashed. I went to the path where that daemon is '/library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/', and noticed a config file called usb.conf. I renamed it usb.conf.old and everything started working. It did survive reboots / restarts. The app did not recreate that file. Good luck to all with this issue!

This worked for me.  !!!

Ok, Things have been mostly working for me after renaming the usb.conf file. I have still had a few crashes when Receiver lost connection to the server. Before, it would gracefully wait, then come back just fine. Now, It gives me a crash log. Thankfully, I can just reconnect, and it always works. I haven't captured the crash log, but I will today.