Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Force/expired password change users gets Cannot Complete request

when users passwords expire and they need to be change we are getting the following.

user logon in to the NetScaler it prompts to say password has expired and needs changing. you go through and enter your new password and then comfirm on the next page. once the user confirms it it then try to take you to your published apps where it then throws "Cannot Complete Your Request" the only way to get out of it is close the browser. you can then log back in with the new password and all is ok.

users can logon and then do the password change ok and it logs them out and then they can log back in ok. the issue only shows when the password expires.

we are on NetScaler version 13.0.61.48.nc

we think the issue only started after going to this build.

but we have a second NetScaler on the same version that works fine and we can see no difference between them. we currently have a call open with Citrix but its going very slow and now looking at getting up to update firmware but I'm a bit reluctant unless its guaranteed to solve the issue. we have proved them various etc. etc..

Anyone had similar issue or any thoughts be great to hear back.

Thanks

Darren

Hi Stuart,

after more investigation to this. we have found if users put in password longer than what the AD policy specifies there minimum to be it works. and if we do it internally on the storefront it lines up with the ad policy. but coming in externally has to be a lot longer. so somewhere in the NetScaler it must has something set. but we have not found this. nor has citrix come back with anything yet over a week now with support.

46 minutes ago, Miika Wolkoff said:

Exact version and issue here. Forever we did not notice any difference when using minimum length password.

Also we noticed that removing NSC_AAAC cookie resolves the issue. Users can get back to login screen. Can issue be related to that?

do you know where this setting is within the NetScaler?

Colleague of mine opened support ticket to Citrix. He got answer that this is bug in 13.0.61.48.nc that they are investigating. Their quick solution was to update to 13.0.64.35. However, there's another issue is receiving the same message due to a security 'enhancement' that causes SSO to be disabled globally, but this can easily resolved by applying a workaround. I don't have further info about this workaround at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

We found ADC fails to provide passwd=”” value in POST /Citrix/StoreWeb/GatewayAuth/Login request .   response with WWW-Authenticate: CitrixAGBasic password_required="yes";logout_url="AGBasic/Logout" header, and therefore we are seeing "Cannot complete your request" .

upgrading to 13.0 Build 67.39, as suggested by engineering

On 11/1/2020 at 5:50 PM, Perumal Raj J1709155898 said:

We found ADC fails to provide passwd=”” value in POST /Citrix/StoreWeb/GatewayAuth/Login request .   response with WWW-Authenticate: CitrixAGBasic password_required="yes";logout_url="AGBasic/Logout" header, and therefore we are seeing "Cannot complete your request" .

upgrading to 13.0 Build 67.39, as suggested by engineering

We are on  13.0 Build 67.39 and it has the same problem too.

Also we have raised a support case too, will update

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Perumal Raj J1709155898 said:

@cwether615   you are correct we have 8 HA pair running 13.0 Build 67.39  all pair having same issue.

our Case is moving vry slow with engineering.

Citrix are being very unresponsive and slow with us. call logged in September. I asked for an up beginning of last week, no replies from them. even had to eculate with our account manager. its not what you expect from them. very poor support so far.

1 hour ago, Darren Porter1709160133 said:

we just had citrix reply saying fixed in this version

Citrix ADC Release (Feature Phase) 13.0 Build 67.39

For anyone else following this thread,I would hold back on this for a while.  We have check the files from our existing version (13.0 Build 67.39) and this "Feature Phase" of the same and all of the files within it are dated 7th Oct 2020 so it looks like this is what we are already running and Citrix are being .....  The version we are running has the same problem

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Thomas Schaumlfer1709161627 said:

Got anyone updates on this? Any fix or instructions? Feedback from Citrix?

Thanks,

Tom

No we upgraded to the version they recommended and it worked for an hour then is broken again. you have to reboot the NetScaler to get it to work. then stops after a while. citrix are not really doing much at moment. been on going 2 months on a open call now.

and the response today:

I hope you are doing great. We have confirmed this well known issue is fixed on ADC release 13.0 build 71.40. The available workaround is the one you have discovered, closing the browser, and reopening.

You can download the new firmware here: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-adc/firmware/release-13-0-build-71-40.html

Please, let me know if additional assistance is required on this request.

On 12/7/2020 at 3:23 PM, alex nance said:

and the response today:

I hope you are doing great. We have confirmed this well known issue is fixed on ADC release 13.0 build 71.40. The available workaround is the one you have discovered, closing the browser, and reopening.

You can download the new firmware here: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-adc/firmware/release-13-0-build-71-40.html

Please, let me know if additional assistance is required on this request.

I cannot see in the release notes that it confirms its been fixed. im awaiting citrix to confirm it as I was told it would state in the release notes.