Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Outlook and prompt login issue

Sove

Question

Hi, 

We have a catalog with random desktop.

We are migrating to Exchange Online and after first Outlook configuration (that connect without issue), on the next user logon It require user and password (WAM authentication).

The issue does not appear if Idelete the credential stored in Windows credential manager or if I go to registry and delete profile folders in Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity.

I tried to esclude registry Key with UPM gpo but It does not work.

OS Is Windows 2019 with Office 2019 (Perpetual licenze)

Do you have any suggestions?

6 answers to this question

Thank you!

I saw this KB, but I excluded it because the title is "Password field not displayed" ... in my case I saw it instead ...

Tomorrow I will try with another user.

One last question about my problem ... I tried to fix it by excluding the registry key with UPM gpo, but I noticed that the content does not change when I log out and sign in again in Windows ...

It's correct? or should the GPO reset the key to default?

No, it is a published desktop.

Anyway, after added this key, the problem go away...I check with other users...

For registry exclusion, could you tell me if is correct that content of "Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity" is retained also with exclusion in Citrix UPM (configured with GPO)?

Thanks

Regards

I found a similiar issue that we investigated .

1. If the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity was already there before we applying the exclusion policy, it cannot be excluded and will always be there.

2. If the profile is created after the policy applied, this registry entry won't be synchronized.

So, try  with  clean profile -   delete user profiles both on userstore and local for the non-working scenario,. Key should be exclided for subsequent logons .