Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Workspace App Error: This version of Citrix Workspace Does not support selected encryption. Please contact your Administrator.

Chris Hobgood

Question

I have a few endpoints getting an encryption error on there Workspace App. "Citrix Workspace App Error: This version of Citrix Workspace Does not support selected encryption. Please contact your Administrator." One my clients logs into our Regional Medical Center portal to access their Epic Practice Management Database using the Citrix Workspace App.

All of the endpoints at this office are fairly new Dell Latitude Ultrabooks or Optiplex Desktop PCs of varying models. 

-Windows 10 Pro version 1909 (fully patched).  -

-All have Version: 19.12.0.119 (1912)  of the Citrix Workspace App.  (Which is what the Hospital's IT Admin suggested using).

-All have Microsoft 365 office suite installed (fully updated and patched)

-All have Webroot SecureAnywhere endpoint protection installed (with the Citrix Workspace App has been whitelisted) 

I have tried using the removal utility and reinstalling which does not correct the error. The tool never fully removes all the registry entries. 

So after manually removing all the registry entries left over, I can reinstall Version: 19.12.0.119 (1912) again.

After that the user can successfully access the app. ONLY ONCE!  

The very next time the try to access the Citrix app they get the same error again and I'm back to square one.   

After logging into the hospital portal and selecting an app the service starts but never processes then shortly times out with the encryption error. Again!

I have been searching for a solution to this problem for over a year with multiple versions of the workspace app. and still have not found a solution that has helped. 

From searching I found and tried many suggestions of which one seemed hopeful which involved adding a registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Citrix\ICA Client\VdLoadUnLoadTimeOut and increasing it above the default. Sadly this had no effect. I've tried fresh OS installs I've tried resetting the receiver. 

Several of the PCs both laptop and desktop work with no issues. I can't seem to relate the issue to a specific model as I have two of the exact same model desktops with one working and one not.  

I have also tried all this with Version: 20.2.0.25 (2002) to no avail. 

Citrix Error.pdf

3 answers to this question

We had exactly the same error: "Citrix Workspace App Error: This version of Citrix Workspace Does not support selected encryption. Please contact your Administrator."

Also for Workspace app version 1912

In our case it was due to PATH variables that where removed accidentally(due to sccm script) from the machine where we had this error message.

Can you please check if you have something like this in your PATH variables:

%SystemRoot%\system32

%SystemRoot%

C:\Program Files\Citrix\System32\

C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\

After that we've added these path variables we removed the workspace app. Launched the cleanup tool and reinstalled the workspace app solved the issue!!

• Like 1

Thanks Filip Schepers,

I'm not sure where to find the Path variables. If they are server side I only have access to the client.

The server side is managed by the Hospital's IT staff and they are unwilling to help me with the issue. "It's your problem there is nothing wrong with our stuff"