Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Reciver/Workspace freezing on Windows 10 a few seconds of open aplications

Luis Felipe de M.G.P. Nunes

Question

Hello guys, I'm having the following problem. When I open an application, it works for a while, usually a maximum of 3 minutes, suddenly the screen freezes, there is no "application not responding" error in Windows. When I try to close via "connection center" does not finish, I did the test ending by Director, it ends on the server, but on the Desktop (PC) is still active, as if I was running the application, only when I finish the process via task manager Reciver / Workspace finish.

Can anyone help me, the problem so far is only happening in Windows 10.

I have an open call, but I need help as soon as I can, I'm afraid of the problem spread throughout the company.

4 answers to this question

Hi John,

Answering your questions,,,

I) I tested with receiver 4.9, workspace 1909 and 1904.

II) Windows 10 - 1909 and 1903

I don't understand the question about RDP, you want to know if I did the direct test on the server via remote desktop?

If so, the application does not crash on the server.

I did a test, the day I opened this post, ending the connection via Director, on the server closes the application, but the machine is still active as if it had not closed the application.

The example of what I am talking about is attached.

1.JPG

On 11/29/2019 at 12:20 PM, John Morrissey1709152766 said:

Hi,

Probably will need more details to properly assist eg

I) Workspace app/receiver version?

ii) What version of windows 10 you running?

Regards it freezing after a few moments have you looked to remote desktop (so using a different protocol - RDP) to the system and seen if the same issue occurs launching the application that way? 

Hi John,

Answering your questions,,,

I) I tested with receiver 4.9, workspace 1909 and 1904.

II) Windows 10 - 1909 and 1903

I don't understand the question about RDP, you want to know if I did the direct test on the server via remote desktop?

If so, the application does not crash on the server.

I did a test, the day I opened this post, ending the connection via Director, on the server closes the application, but the machine is still active as if it had not closed the application.

The example of what I am talking about is attached.

1.JPG

In my experience this behavior is indicative of lost network communication between the client and the XenApp server.  When the freeze occurs perform a telnet test between the client and the XenApp server (port 1494) if not connecting via NetScaler Access Gateway.  If an Access Gateway is between the client and the XenApp server, it gets a bit more complicated, you would need to verify port 443 from the client to the Storefront URL and in addition to that verify connectivity from the NetScaler to the XenApp server.