Welcome to our new Citrix community!

I can't install Citrix Workspace App on Windows 10

Marcel Piller

Question

Hi all,

I've tried to install a new version of Citrix to access remotely to my company. Somehow it did not work. I then tried to uninstall the Citrix workspace app, rebooted the PC and tried again to install it. It did not work again I get an error message again. I then tried to use the ReceiverCleanupUtility.exe to remove all the installations and I also cleaned up the remaining entries in the registry of Citrix, robooted the PC and tried again. I get the same error again. Also, during the installation it takes very long to obviously install the "pre-requisites" and then it breaks up.  I'm currently unable to work for my company and I can't go to the office. Can anybody help here ? Find attached the Error Message I get as well as the the Logfile of the installation (incl. Errors) and the screenshot of the primary error during the installation.

Problem starts here:

08:53:10: Error - CConfigurationManager::LoadComponent(1111) - Cannot get transformFileName path. Transform File Name = RIInstaller.mst

08:53:10: Error - CConfigurationManager::LoadComponent(1111) - Cannot get transformFileName path. Transform File Name = ICAWebWrapper.mst

08:53:10: Error - CConfigurationManager::LoadComponent(1111) - Cannot get transformFileName path. Transform File Name = GenericUSB.mst

08:53:10: Error - CConfigurationManager::LoadComponent(1111) - Cannot get transformFileName path. Transform File Name = DesktopViewer.mst

08:53:10: Error - CConfigurationManager::LoadComponent(1111) - Cannot get transformFileName path. Transform File Name = CitrixHDXMediaStreamForFlash-ClientInstall.mst

... and so on, see the logfile attached.

I'd be so thankful for any help.

Greetz

Marcel

Citrix_Error_Msg.JPG

Citrix_Installation_Error_TrolleyExpress-20191025-085309.log

7 answers to this question

Hi,
I have exactly the same error messages in the logfile. Can't installl the Citrix Workspace App on a Windows 10 machine.

Additionally I get the following error message while installing:
"The value could not be written under the key \Software\Classes\cr.Document\shell\open\command.  Make sure that you have sufficient access rights to this key, or contact support."

Can someone please finally help and address this issue?

Windows 10 RT is back.

I reached out to Citrix when I could not install Workspace App and sent the install log and the laptop system information and they totally missed it.

It is not in any of their documentation and their tools do not look for that and identify the issue..

If you have an ARM base computer running Windows 10, use the Windows Store to install Workspace app.

Windows 10 RT, maybe third time's a charm.

On 10/16/2020 at 1:48 PM, Shannon Bailey1709162355 said:

If you have an ARM processor, you have to install the Microsoft Store version of the Citrix Workspace APP. I thought I was losing my mind. I wiped, reinstalled the operating system, tried every found solution, and nothing worked. Then finally found an article about Citrix and ARM processors. Hallelujah!!

This helped. Was dealing with issue on a Windows Surface Device, and using the installer from the Citrix Website would fail part way through