Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix ICA Client .ica wont Point to Citrix Connection Manager

Jacob Day

Question

Hello,

I have a user who cannot get our PI application to launch through webcitrix,

I have a alot of users that use Workspace with no problems. The only difference I can see between them and the user having problems is the file association for .ica is different. The working user's .ica points to Citrix Connection Manager, and the broken user's .ica points to Citrix Workspace. I have tried everything I could think of or find to change the .ica association to Citrix Connection Manager for the broken user but nothing seems to work.

What I have tried

Changing the default app for .ica (No option for Citrix Connection Manager is shown)

Going through CMD and manually entering the command: assoc .ica="C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\wfcrun32.exe" the path is correct. no luck

The only thing I couldn't do that I found was here

https://harborcloud.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212587466

On step 1 for Windows it says to find the .ica and select open with. I couldn't find the .ica on the working users or on the broken user's machine.

The broken user's account for webcitrix works on other machines, so I know the account is fine.

We think the problem is with the default file association not pointing to Citrix Connection Manager

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Windows 10 64 bit

Citrix Workspace version, tried both 1909 and 1907. All users have version 1909

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet