Welcome to our new Citrix community!

VDA registration failure due to time sync issues

Alan Adkins

Question

Our three VDA machines will not register (stay registered) with DDC because the time is too far out of sync.

I force the time on the VDA machines to resync with the NTP on the AD domain controller using the 'w32tm /resync' command, and all is good for about 15-20 minutes.  Then the time on the VDA machines auto-reset the time minus 4 hours 30 minutes.

All 3 VDA machines are set to time sync with the NTP on the AD domain controller via the domain group policy.

There are no other policies defined to alter or time sync elsewhere, or to change timezone.

Local time on the Controller, Netscaler & StoreFront are all correct, synced with the NTP server.

Hypervisor 7.15

VDAs are Server2012 R2

I apologize if I have left out details that will assist in troubleshooting.  Reality is I am not sure what details to provide to adequately troubleshoot the issue.  Please ask for additional detail as needed.  I greatly appreciate the assistance.

3 answers to this question

Are you actually using XenServer as your hypervisor? If so, see if this is your issue: https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/399684-xenserver-tools-timesync-disable. We had this very same issue with our Server OS VDAs, which are hosted on XenServer 7.1 CU1 and are running the 7.1.1118 XS agent. We implemented the registry change in the initial post in our gold image and it resolved the issue completely.