Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Portal Not shown after change XML Port

Jing Shien

Question

Hi, I am using Xenapp 6.5 and IIS 7 on Windows Server 2008 R2. After I change XML port to 8080 the citrix web login portal can't be display/show, But if I use Citrix Quick Launch portable apps everything working fine with a new port (8080). Did I missed something on the setting ?

Rgds,

9 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Jim Grimm1709160134 said:

Did you update the Communication Settings for the Farm in Web Interface (or Storefront equivalent setting)  to match the new port number for XML communication?

Yes on citrix web interface management, both Xen App Website and xenapp sevices site already on port 8080. If I try open c:\inetpub\wwwroot\citrix\xenapp\default.htm there is an error : XML Parsing Error: not well-formed Location: file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/Citrix/XenApp/auth/silentDetection.aspx Line Number 1, Column 2:

On 7/5/2019 at 6:19 PM, Jim Grimm1709160134 said:

Since the error appears to point to silentDetection.aspx, what happens if you disable Silent Detection?

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX211331

Are there any errors in the Windows Event logs that seem relevant or that began happening around the time you made the change/or noticed the error?

I've disable the silent detection, But still display the same error message when I try open c:\inetpub\wwwroot\citrix\xenapp\default.htm. Do I have to restart something after disable the silent detection ?

zz.PNG

You might need to restart the IIS instance, which you can do by running the iisreset command (or you can restart it from the IIS management console), but I' don't see that listed in the following Citrix Support article: 

How to Configure XML to Use a Different Port in XenApp 6.0 and 6.5

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX125153

You can run netstat -a and see if you see the server listening on the port you changed it to.

Are you getting this error message regardless of the web browser you are using to access the page?  I'm assuming you are having this issue when you access the site via the FQDN in a browser, rather than opening the file (by manually opening the file from the File-->Open menu (or Open With from Explorer)?

Do the Windows Application or System logs disable any warnings or errors around the time you reproduce the issue?

13 hours ago, David Clark1709160691 said:

Do you have the XML port defined in a Policy and if so you've updated the policy to use the correct port?

Yes all the policy on CitrixAppCenter already defined and updated to the right port. fyi : Port 3014 after I try using another port number but still no success, previous one is 8080

CT1.PNG

1 hour ago, Jim Grimm1709160134 said:

In your initial post you mentioned that you changed the XML port to 8080 and that’s when things stopped working, but in the screenshot you posted it shows port 3014 configured in your policy...

Sorry Jim, the screenshoot after I testing using another port number but still the same no success. just ignore the screenshoot port number I have try it on 8080 too.