Welcome to our new Citrix community!

content redirection file type association office file not found

Björn Schläfli

Question

content redirection (fta) for office is not working correctly on windows 10 and windows 7.

Example: docx file started in local windows explorer opens Word on Citrix but it cannot open the file and shows a new empty document (document 1.docx).

Excel comes up with error 'file not found'. Powerpoint with a really long error message which tells me to check antivirus program.

This issue exists:

- only with windows 10 clients.

- with Citrix Workspace App 1812, 1902, 1903

- on a new set up windows 10 with no ms patches

- with a user who has no gpo's applied

- no matter which user is logged on

- with regkey nativedrivemapping (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Configuration\Advanced\Modules\ClientDrive) set to True on windows 10 pc.

- with XenApp 7.15 CU1 2008R2 site and XenApp 7.15 CU1 2016 site

A few files work and others don't. Always the same files work and the same don't. 

If I copy a file which doesn't work the copy works.

If I create a new docx it's not working.

no matter if doc, docx, dotx, xls, xlsx...

if you log in to a client and open a file which normally doesn't open correctly it opens correctly. If you close the file and reopen it within the same session it's not working anymore, also in a new Citrix session. You need to log out and log in again at the client.

It works with Citrix Receiver 4.11 up to Workspace App 1810.

Same issue with Citrix Virtual Apps 1903 and Citrix Workspace App 1811 and higher.

9 answers to this question

Tested it in an other server 2016 XenApp 7.15 CU1 site with Workspace App 1903 in another domain with another Windows 10 client. Same issue there. It has to be a new feature or similar which came in place with Citrix Workspace App 1811.

1811 changed client drive mapping. Because of that I've set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Currentcontrolset\services\picadm\Parameters Name: DisableFullStreamWrite DWORD to 1 and rebooted my test VDA. That wasn't the reason for the problem.

Replaced vdcdm30n.dll from 1811 with the one from 1810. Not helping. Compared the HKLM\Software\WoW6432Node\Citrix Keys from 1810 and 1811. In 1811 the key LegacyFTAIcons changed to True, while it was empty in 1810. Changed it to empty in 1811 and restartet Workspace App. Same issue.

Hello Xander,

Same problem here.

We noticed the filename is not correctly passed to the application.

For example, if I create a file called "bob.docx" and open it, it works well the first time. However, if I close the published app and try again to open the file it will keep opening an empty document until I close and restart the Citrix Workspace session.

If I rename the file "bob.docx" to "bob test.docx", everything's working fine.

Can you confirm you have the same behavior?

Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

good to hear I'm not alone.

I had an open case (#79019009), but Citrix closed it because I've been on vacation, although I've informed them about contact Information of my colleague. Maybe you want to open a case to in reference to mine?

Rename files is helping sometimes, but not often.

Greetings,

Bjoern