Updated Privacy Statement

VDA 1906 windows 10 1809 massiv random disconnects

Question

59 minutes ago, Sandro Haidenschuster said:

we had this issue first aswell and somehow the new TwEncode.dll was corrupt while copying and had 0 kb size. Maybe re-downloading the zip file and checking the right size of the dll (it has the same size like the old .dll just date is different) will solve your issue. we have tested the hotfix now on several XenDesktops and XenApp and it looks good so far.

Thank you very much for the advice. Re-downloading the Zip and apply it to the VDA worked now. I will do some tests now.

• Like 1

Hi

I'm experiencing similar issues. 

Sessions are disconnecting randomly, and in addition, login times got much worse since 1903 update. Most of the time, login gets aborted and session gets closed. 

In eventviewer I found "TDIca" Errors 1017 and 1019 in the same time sessions disconnect.

Citrix case is open, but they don't seem to have a clue whats going on...

I also experienced those issues with VDA 1906. SO I went back to VDA 7.15 CU4, which used to work and didn't have those issues. But hey, the issues also occur with 7.15, SO I blame it either on the controller or Storefront, which was also updated to 1903.

Regards, Cedy

I'm experiencing this on Windows Server 2016.  I had a report here and there prior to 1906, but after upgrading a handful of VDAs to 1906 it increased.  I'm also seeing the error mentioned above on the endpoints:

Vanadium: TW Protocol error: Data rejected Cmd = CMD_TW2_CACHE_PURGE_MEMORY_CACHE The data containing the error is below

Citrix didn't acknowledge anything in my case... 

Also experienced the issues on server 2016 now. Disconnections didn't occur with VDA 7.15 CU4 downgrade yet. 

However, Login problems are still there. in 90% of tries, users are not able to login. It seems like UPM is causing the issue, since it works with roaming profile.

12 hours ago, James Kindon said:

yep - it's with the Dev team - get a ticket in so you get access to the private asap (exactly the same errors - Citrix have acknowledged it)

I'm struggling with the same issues as baumgartner.  Citrix isn't acknowledging the "known issue".  Do you have anything I can share with support like a fix id or something?  That might help us get to the right people!

17 hours ago, Joe Robinson said:

I'm struggling with the same issues as baumgartner.  Citrix isn't acknowledging the "known issue".  Do you have anything I can share with support like a fix id or something?  That might help us get to the right people!

For "CMD_TW2_CACHE_PURGE_MEMORY_CACHE" - you can ask Support to lookup ID: RFWIN-11642. They should know what that means (it's on our internal engineering bug system)

We're testing a proposed fix today, but I can't promise an ETA on release of the fix.

If you want to keep up to date, I'll most likely be posting updates in this twitter thread: https://twitter.com/phil_wiffen/status/1143576279297548288

10 minutes ago, Sandro Haidenschuster said:

we are seeing the same issue with VDA 1906 on windows 10 build 1809. we can see this issue with provisioned VM's aswell as non provisioned VMs. is there any news or private build available?

A hotfix is now available directly from Support. Please raise a support ticket and mention "Engineering bug ID reference: RFWIN-11642"

16 hours ago, Phil Wiffen said:

A hotfix is now available directly from Support. Please raise a support ticket and mention "Engineering bug ID reference: RFWIN-11642"

I opened a case a few weeks ago after upgrading to 1903. Very sad thing I have to get this information from this forum here instead of my citrix support engineer... I am not really happy with the support there at this time. 

Thanks for the information anyway. 

9 hours ago, Baumgartner AG said:

I opened a case a few weeks ago after upgrading to 1903. Very sad thing I have to get this information from this forum here instead of my citrix support engineer... I am not really happy with the support there at this time. 

Thanks for the information anyway. 

Same thing here, have to request them to lookup the internal number. Then have to request the private fix as well with no info in between.

I'm not surprised though, these forums are much more useful.. Better spend more money re-branding everything again for the 8th time.

On 8.7.2019 at 3:36 PM, Phil Wiffen said:

Update: I informed my citrix engineer three days ago. He said he has to check that internally, he really didn't have an idea about the hotfix. 

Still yet no information from him about the hotfix... 

Hello, 

The fix in the articles does not solve the issues we encounter: server side 1005, 1006 and 1007 tdica events and occasionally a 1019  at a customer site. No issues before 1906. And sometimes all is well for a day or a few hours. Symptom: most user sessions freeze all over the place.. (session reliability kicking in) 

It seems that only direct session to the servers have these issues. Users that login externally via netscaler cloud sevice have no issues. 

A workaround that seems to work is disabling session reliability. 

the CTX257566,  Article states its an windows client only issue, but in our case most clients are linux based thin clients. 

Details is that 'internal sessions' go from client to VDA over an ipsec to datacenter. (low latency low bandwidth utilization)

Server os is 2016 june rollup. 

Guess i will create a ticket myself and see what comes up. 

On 7/11/2019 at 5:49 AM, Sander Revenboer said:

Hello, 

The fix in the articles does not solve the issues we encounter: server side 1005, 1006 and 1007 tdica events and occasionally a 1019  at a customer site. No issues before 1906. And sometimes all is well for a day or a few hours. Symptom: most user sessions freeze all over the place.. (session reliability kicking in) 

It seems that only direct session to the servers have these issues. Users that login externally via netscaler cloud sevice have no issues. 

A workaround that seems to work is disabling session reliability. 

the CTX257566,  Article states its an windows client only issue, but in our case most clients are linux based thin clients. 

Details is that 'internal sessions' go from client to VDA over an ipsec to datacenter. (low latency low bandwidth utilization)

Server os is 2016 june rollup. 

Guess i will create a ticket myself and see what comes up. 

If you're experiencing other types of issues, it's recommended you do open a case with support so we can investigate further. 

1 hour ago, Stefan Wielers said:

Hi,

could someone please share the hotfix? We are not able to download the hotfix within our support level. I know that's bad but in this case i cannot understand Citrix why this is not public.

If you're support level will not let you download the fix, we are working to get this fix integrated into a formally released package.  Please keep an eye out for it.