Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Monitor Service unable to start

Todd W

Question

I'm new to Citrix XenApp 7.15 and am trying my hand at setting it up from scratch.  I'm using Windows Server 2012 R2 and running into a problem with the  Citrix Monitor Service.  I am unable to start the service from Windows Service and I've also tried via command line.  I have enabled debugging and see the following error.  Any tips on how to resolve this?

19/06/19 17:43:12.550 10668 0009 8176: MonitorLog:EventLogManager decided to log event ServiceInitializationError of type Error with arguments: 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Method 'ExecuteAsync' in type 'System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.DefaultSqlExecutionStrategy' from assembly 'EntityFramework.SqlServer, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' does not have an implementation.

2 answers to this question

I was able to get around this by copying a more recent EntityFramework.SqlServer.dll into C:\Program Files\Citrix\Monitor\Service.  The original file had version 6.1.31219.0 and the new one is version 6.2.61023.0.