Updated Privacy Statement

NetScaler GUI "Check for updates" results in "Unable to retrieve the system software update right now, please try again later."

Hello,

when I try to "check for updates" in the NetScaler GUI I receive the message "Unable to retrieve the system software update right now, please try again later.".

I am aware the issue is related with the config of the Firewall and that we are using a proxy, I just cannot find any information in the documentation that is telling me which internet sites the NetScaler tries to reach to receive updates.

2019-06-19_13-18-28.thumb.png.6e1a81170c3f9d16b55257095f91860e.png

Has anyone any idea?

Hi,

Because of the following NOTE I think it is using your local Browser which you are using to connect to your ADC, so kind of a bypass. That's because there is no documentation whether the NSIP or SNIP needs Internet Access to citrix.com/downloads. Is it possible to use a Client with directly internet access, without proxy - and then connect to your ADC using HTTP in Browser, check for Updates again.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/netscaler/12/upgrade-downgrade-netscaler-appliance/upgrade-standalone-appliance.html#check-and-install-citrix-netscaler-120-software-update

NOTE

The Check for Update link is accessible only if you log into the GUI through HTTP protocol and not through HTTPS protocol.

BTW I am always updating the firmware via CLI, I think thats the most stable way until today. If you don't know how to do this, checkout this old but gold short post from Jason Samuel:

https://www.jasonsamuel.com/2010/06/22/how-to-update-your-citrix-netscaler-firmware/

Best Regards

Julian