Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Issues with different Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.15 LTSR environments and Windows Audio Service

Marc Kuhn

Question

Hi guy's

we have different Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.15 LTSR CU1 - CU3 environments, where we had the past week issue with the Windows Audio service. As we found out with the Citrix Support, there was an issue with Firefox, which causes a blackscreen. After restarting the Windows Audio service everything is working again.

We deinstalled all Firefox browsers and the issue was gone. This week we discovered issues with the Windows Audio service again in different environments with CU1 to CU3. The issue is that the taskbar and or the redirected startmenu isn't working anymore. After restarting the service the issue is gone as well.

As far as i read this is kind of related with the citrix profile management.

What do you recommend to configure on the VDA? We try to stick with LTSR version, but is it a better idea to install the latest version of Citrix VDA?

Many thanks for your thougts.

Best regards,

Marc

5 answers to this question

Hello,

you did not mention the OS?

I am also affected on issues like that on Windows Server 2016.

On Desktop-sessions the start menu and taskbar does not react to clicks anymore.

Restarting explorer.exe does solve this.

There are a lot of details listed on this thread: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2018699-rds-windows-server-2016-desktop-freeze-black-screen?page=1

I did install "KB4493470" last week on 11.04 and I keep an eye on the issue.

I think it is better now, but definitively still there. I did track about 4 appearances this week.

• Like 1