Welcome to our new Citrix community!

VDA 1903.1 commandline with MDT fails

MArkus Wehr

Question

Hi

I install the VDA with MDT. This worked until version 1903.

BCR_x64.msi now fails.

>>Product: Citrix Browser Content Redirection -- Error 1920. Service 'Citrix HDX Browser Redirection Service' (CtxBrowserSvc) failed to start.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.<<

It works when I run the same commandline manually from same user (local administrator).

The problem seems to relate to the way MDT task sequenc calls the commandline.

Any ideas?

best regards

Markus

5 answers to this question

Hi Manoj,

here is the complete msi log file.

The XenDesktop Installation fails with errorcode 4 (error and reboot needed).

Form the Xendestop LogFile: "Citrix Browser Content Redirection konnte nicht installiert werden, mit internem Fehlercode 1920, fehlgeschlagene Aktion war 'StartServices'" - Error 1920 with StartServices.

I install Vc++ Redistributables 2013 and 2017 x86 and x64 in the step before  - then reboot- and afterwards run the VDA command line install.

best regards

Markus

BCR_x64437773279.txt

Thanks Markus for providing the log file.

I am investigating a similar issue. Can you please see if the steps in the below discussions, fix install issue?

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/400623-1811-fresh-install-of-vda-stop-with-error-1603-browser-redirection-cannot-installed/

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/401876-installing-vda-1811-on-win10-n-education-error-1603/

Best,

Manoj

Thank you Manoj,

ok I will see what I can do. If I compare my 1808 and 1903 installs i see these two differences:  1903 uses bcr.msi 1808 not.  1808 does not use "NT Autorität" for the service.

However my MDT task sequence does not sucessfully run the VDA command line install instead a manual call of the same command returns succesfully installing the service with the "NT Autorität" as shown in the picture.

My Workaround Idea: Try to install the VDA 1903 without bcr.msi and afterwards the msi from a commandline.  Ive had problems with one  warpped installer (paint.NET) before leading to the workaround to call from local administrator - autostart.

best regards

Markus

the image without print manager service = 1808 the other one = 1903

1808.png

1903.PNG