Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Delivery group descriptions missing in Storefront

Rick Culler

Using XenDesktop 7.15 CU2, and are transitioning from Storefront 3.5 -> 1811 (but issue happens on both storefront server groups, and affects the exact same delivery groups).

On some of the delivery groups, the description is missing, but it does show up on some others. The descriptions are set within Desktop Studio, and do show up in the Delivery group settings when looking via Powershell. 

Capture.PNG

Should be "Test Pool 2 Group" for that particular delivery group. But for other groups, they are blank as well, yet if I do a Get-brokerdesktopgroup in powershell, I can see every description for every delivery group that I entered, including the group in the above screenshot.

Its like storefront isn't reading certain delivery group's descriptions, but will for others.

Using Set-BrokerEntitlementPolicyRule cmdlet appears to have solved the problem.

Based on the documentation for this cmdlet, it seems that the description can be left as Null, and the delivery group description is used instead, so not sure why this would have to be used. In addition, even though I had about 3 delivery groups that had the descriptions show up in Storefront, only 1 of them showed up when looking at all groups with Get-BrokerEntitlementPolicyRule.  I would have to assume this is a bug of some sort. Or a lingering issue from upgrading this site a couple times from previous XenDesktop versions.

Archived