Updated Privacy Statement

Receiver 4.9.6 high cpu - Citrix HDX Engine, every process 12 %

rkolok341

Question

Hello together,

since installation win 10 and citrix receiver higher v 4.6 has my citrix client a abnormal cpu using of the citrix HDX Engine processes. With more as 4 citrix session is a work not possible. The windows 10 is hanging andvery slow. 

What can i do?

The hardware:

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad Intel Core i5-6300U 2,4 Ghz with 8 GB ram  , win 10 64 enterprise

1 answer to this question

On 15-4-2019 at 9:02 AM, rkolok341 said:

Hello together,

since installation win 10 and citrix receiver higher v 4.6 has my citrix client a abnormal cpu using of the citrix HDX Engine processes. With more as 4 citrix session is a work not possible. The windows 10 is hanging andvery slow. 

What can i do?

The hardware:

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad Intel Core i5-6300U 2,4 Ghz with 8 GB ram  , win 10 64 enterprise

Similar problem for me. One Virtual Desktop consumes 13%-25% of my total (Intel i5 8250U) CPU power (see attached screenshot). I've tried the most recent version of Citrix Receiver in combination with Citrix HDX Realtime Media Engine 2.8. Today I also tried Citrix Workplace 1907. It started out with just 3% CPU usage. but once I closed the lid and reopened it again it spiked back to 14%. Strangely enough when I stopped using Citrix it kept on going at 14% (that shouldn't happen right? ;-)). 

I hope that Citrix can pick this up and solve it as soon as possible. 

Here some specs of my computer: 

• Processor: Intel Quad Core i5-8250U (1.60-3.4Ghz Turbo) 6Mb cache 15W
  • Memory: Kingston HyperX 16Gb DDR4 2400Mhz (2x 8Gb)
  • HDD/SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb SSD

Regards

Edwin Hendriks

2019-08-26 High CPU usage when using Citrix receiver and HDX MediaEngineService.jpg