Welcome to our new Citrix community!

can't add 2nd win2016 ltsr 7.15 to servergroup

Question

i can't add 2nd win2016 ltsr 7.15 to servergroup. checked everything but this is the error i'm seeing in the log:

Log Name:      Citrix Delivery Services

Source:        Citrix Cluster Join Service

Date:          22-3-2019 20:56:42

Event ID:      2

Task Category: (2201)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:     .xxx.biz

Description:

Join failed. Exception attempting to obtain Server Group details from the Authorizer.

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Keyset does not exist

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptographicException(Int32 hr)

at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Utils._ExportCertificatesToBlob(SafeCertStoreHandle safeCertStoreHandle, X509ContentType contentType, IntPtr password)

at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate.ExportHelper(X509ContentType contentType, Object password)

at Citrix.DeliveryServices.Admin.Utils.Certificates.Certificate.get_RawData()

at Citrix.DeliveryServices.ClusterService.Service.ServiceController.GetClusterDetails(ClusterDetailsRequest clusterRequest)

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Citrix Cluster Join Service" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">2</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>2201</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-22T19:56:42.741381100Z" />

<EventRecordID>5383</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Citrix Delivery Services</Channel>

<Computer>.xxxBIZ</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Join failed. Exception attempting to obtain Server Group details from the Authorizer.

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Keyset does not exist

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptographicException(Int32 hr)

at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Utils._ExportCertificatesToBlob(SafeCertStoreHandle safeCertStoreHandle, X509ContentType contentType, IntPtr password)

at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate.ExportHelper(X509ContentType contentType, Object password)

at Citrix.DeliveryServices.Admin.Utils.Certificates.Certificate.get_RawData()

at Citrix.DeliveryServices.ClusterService.Service.ServiceController.GetClusterDetails(ClusterDetailsRequest clusterRequest)

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I don't understand this System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate.ExportHelper(X509ContentType

In my believe the certificates are fine

pls

advise

5 answers to this question

Hi, I am getting below error when joining server to the group. I have just updated the STF server from 1912LTSRCU4 to 2203 LTSR CU1 and after the upgrade trying to join the server to the group. Before the upgrade the server were part of group and had no issues.

Join failed. Exception attempting to obtain Server Group details from the Authorizer.
System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Citrix.DeliveryServices.ClusterService.Service.ServiceHelper.GetCertificateRawDataByHostname(ServerInfo serverInfo)

XML View

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Citrix Cluster Join Service" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">2</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>2201</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-09-08T21:27:24.307696800Z" />

<EventRecordID>495775</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Citrix Delivery Services</Channel>

<Computer>XX.com</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Join failed. Exception attempting to obtain Server Group details from the Authorizer. System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at Citrix.DeliveryServices.ClusterService.Service.ServiceHelper.GetCertificateRawDataByHostname(ServerInfo serverInfo) at Citrix.DeliveryServices.ClusterService.Service.ServiceController.GetClusterDetails(ClusterDetailsRequest clusterRequest)</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Mustufa

On 3/22/2019 at 9:32 PM, Mike van der Ham1709158797 said:

I do see that I'm missing

The NT SERVICE\CitrixConfigurationReplication and NT SERVICE\CitrixClusterService as member of local admins group on both servers.

But adding them manually is not succeeding, can't find these groups

NT SERVICE\CitrixConfigurationReplication and NT SERVICE\CitrixClusterService accounts are created after you try to add the server to the group. So I am also confused when it says this need to be added before hand when they dose not exist.

This will be present on the Authorizing server but not on the one which you want to join.