Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Published application launching slow

Petr Simek1709155140

Question

We facing problem with slow published  applications. There is delay in connecting phase ( negotiating capabilities) and later after GPO are processed there is delay before application

appears.  If I  remove "limit visibility for specific users" and set access to application to entire delivery group it is launching fine.

At the same time connection to shared desktop there is black screen after processing GPO before desktop is displayed. This black screen is seen for longer time for first time connection after

vda reboot.  We using 7.15 CU3  and win 2012 r2. WEM is used as well. 

8 answers to this question

On 2/4/2019 at 7:40 PM, Petr Simek1709155140 said:

I also noticed that when there is only one server in delivery group then all is working ok for

published applications. When there is more servers in delivery group then only one server

launching applications without delay.  When I move  "problematic" vda  to new delivery group

and server is only one there all is working fine as well.

Did anybody observe this behavior?

On 2/4/2019 at 7:40 PM, Petr Simek1709155140 said:

I also noticed that when there is only one server in delivery group then all is working ok for

published applications. When there is more servers in delivery group then only one server

launching applications without delay.  When I move  "problematic" vda  to new delivery group

and server is only one there all is working fine as well.

Did anybody observe this behavior?

Oki. This is serious really. In our case outlook 2010 on xenapp 6.5 launching 30 seconds and new xenap 7.15 CU3  almost 2 minutes.

So far in our case looks like this login process is going in loops   and  is somehow related to netlogon service. And debug log

showing relation to dns . Can you try to stop netlogon service  and check?

Hi all,

we are also experiencing exact the same behavior after upgrade to CU3 for XenApp 7.15 LTSR!  ( XenApp 7.15 CU3 on Windows server 2012 R2 and Windows server 2016 )

There is an article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX235534 which is describing this issue. The solution was to get a private fix or upgrade to XenApp 7.15 LTSR CU2 at this time. 

Now, it seems the issue comes back with CU3 ? I will try to open a Citrix support case. 

@ prashantve,

sorry to say, this is not a professional working behavior!

It was there before CU2 (CTX235534) , fixed with private fix at this time, included in CU2, then back in CU3 and now you suggest customers simply to install CU4 as a solution?

Do you know what effort it means to roll out a cumulative update in a productive environment with hundred of servers including the risk of new issues coming with the new CU ?

Meanwhile I opened a Citrix case and hopefully this will give more lights on that and a dedicated analysis what exactly has caused again this known issue.

Thanks !