Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Cannot complete your request (before login)

Stefano Baronio

Hi,

I'm struggling with an issue related to the gateway Theme. It shows the "Cannot complete your request" just at home page, before prompting for authentication.

I'm sure that is related to the Theme I'm using as with the RfWebUi it works properly.

The issue started after upgrading the ADC to the latest firmware NS12.1 50.31.nc, coming from the NS12.1 49.37.nc.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Stefano

Thanks Carl and Nishith,

I'm using just the Gateway feature on a Standard licensed MPX 5550.

I've already deleted the custom theme form the GUI and recreated from scratch. I'll try it again and check that the files will be deleted form file system.

I will update this thread tomorrow.

Thanks

Stefano

Hi @all,

after upgrading to the newest NetScaler Build (12.1 50.31), I faced that issue at one of my customers, too. In my case all of the build in themes except the Default (old black theme) are not working. And additionally, In my case the error does not occure everytime and if i click on OK I get the credentials SIte, but I have an existing customized theme (based on X1) from 11.x installation which works great on the production environment but not on our newly generated GW vServer with nfactor. On this vServer the error "cannot complete your request" are coming continuosly. We never see the credentials site here.

In my researches I also see that issue If i unconfigure nfactor.

I have opened a ticket.

I too have this issue using RfWebUi. I have a AAA server with advanced authentication policy authenticating gateway sessions. Was working perfectly before upgrade. Now I get cannot complete request before promting for loging. And after login I get an endless loading screen.

Login works when sessions that hit a LDAP policy, but not SAML. I have opened a case.

Tried to delete and recreate again the custom theme (checking that all the files where deleted from file system) and the problem si still there.

If I copy the custom theme files from a working ADC, it works properly.  As soon as I edit the custom theme from the UI, the problem starts again.

Opened a ticket in Citrix.

Ste

11 hours ago, Stefano Baronio said:

Tried to delete and recreate again the custom theme (checking that all the files where deleted from file system) and the problem si still there.

If I copy the custom theme files from a working ADC, it works properly.  As soon as I edit the custom theme from the UI, the problem starts again.

Opened a ticket in Citrix.

Ste

I'm having the exact same problem. Let us know what you find out. Thanks

Hi Stefano,

you do have a cache feature in standard edition because you have NetScaler Gateway. Citrix has a "hidden" feature for caching data for Gateway vServer which uses the Integrated Cache feature in the background, also if this is not licensed. It is called Static Page Caching and you can disable it with

set aaa parameter -enableStaticPageCaching NO

So I think, give that a try. I will try it on Monday. Thanks for the info.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Benjamin Grimm1709152660 said:

Hi Stefano,

you do have a cache feature in standard edition because you have NetScaler Gateway. Citrix has a "hidden" feature for caching data for Gateway vServer which uses the Integrated Cache feature in the background, also if this is not licensed. It is called Static Page Caching and you can disable it with

set aaa parameter -enableStaticPageCaching NO

So I think, give that a try. I will try it on Monday. Thanks for the info.

Thanks Benjamin,

I'll give that a try.

Ste

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

My problem is solved too on ADC build 12.1 50.31

using the command:  set aaa parameter -enableStaticPageCaching NO

Update 29 March 2019: I just installed build NS12.1 51.16.nc and it also needed the above command.

Edited by Ard-Jan Verhage
Also needed on NS12.1 51.16.nc
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2019-8-30 at 3:18 PM, Jasper Glasbergen1709160685 said:

Currently running NS 12.1 52.15 and I still have this issue when running the rfWebUI portal theme. Setting the -enablestaticpagecaching to NO does not resolve this. Only running on a X1 portal theme users are able to use the Gateway.

It is strange that now the workaround doesn't seem to work either.

Did you recently enable integrated caching on your Netscaler? If so try to unbind the default cache policies on the Gateway vserver too see if that resolves the issue.

13 minutes ago, Nils Andreas Myhre said:

Did you recently enable integrated caching on your Netscaler? If so try to unbind the default cache policies on the Gateway vserver too see if that resolves the issue.

I enabled IC for a short moment, because I read that this, in combination with a caching policy, could work around the issue. But since it didn't I disabled IC again. But I will have a look at the default caching policies bound to the Gateway vserver and report back. Thank you!

• 7 months later...

Hi, 

Did anyone manage to solve this? we are seeing this same issue with only a few users "mainly MacOS" users connecting to our Gateway.

We do not have lC enabled, I have run the AAA no cache command which didn't make any difference unfortunately and we are using Advanced Authentication.

What is strange is we have MacOS users that work just fine, they effect users however cannot connect from Workspace or any web browser on the machine, all present that same issue. 

Update:

Managed to resolve our issues, because we do not have the license for local cache we ran the commands to set -enablestaticpagecaching to NO, we then had to reboot both NetScalers as they are in HA, this cleared the cached objects that were already there (possibly causing the issue). This then started working for most users.

We then discovered another odd issue, if users had their Macbook language set to anything other than English ( in our case French), the error would still occur. As soon as they switched the language to English everything worked as expected, I will be doing more testing and logging a ticket with Citrix. 

Hope this helps others.

Edited by rswanep743
Update