Welcome to our new Citrix community!

NS MAS 12.1 not showing HDX data

Good Morning All,

I'm dipping my toes in the netscaler mas world to get some better insight into our traffic.  I've set this up in our lab using MAS 12.X and Netscaler version 12.0 build 41.22. Everything went fine with the exception of missing data.

I can see data under Web Insight but nothing under HDX, Gateway or Security Insight.

I've enabled app flow on our next virtual server and lb group.

Http X-Forwarded-For, Netscaler Gateway and Geo Data Collection have been enabled.

Under Load Balancing, I've set the expression as true , selected ipfix as the transport mode and checked webinsight, client side measurements and security insight..

Under VPN, I've setthe expression as true, selected ipfix as the transport mode and checked ICA, TCP and HTTP.

One thing I noticed, after I set the expression to true under the VPN tab, I can hit ok and it seems to save the settings. If I come back to edit the settings again the expression is not there.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Trey Wessel said:

Good Morning All,

I'm dipping my toes in the netscaler mas world to get some better insight into our traffic.  I've set this up in our lab using MAS 12.X and Netscaler version 12.0 build 41.22. Everything went fine with the exception of missing data.

I can see data under Web Insight but nothing under HDX, Gateway or Security Insight.

I've enabled app flow on our next virtual server and lb group.

Http X-Forwarded-For, Netscaler Gateway and Geo Data Collection have been enabled.

Under Load Balancing, I've set the expression as true , selected ipfix as the transport mode and checked webinsight, client side measurements and security insight..

Under VPN, I've setthe expression as true, selected ipfix as the transport mode and checked ICA, TCP and HTTP.

One thing I noticed, after I set the expression to true under the VPN tab, I can hit ok and it seems to save the settings. If I come back to edit the settings again the expression is not there.

Thoughts?

Also note I'm not above the 30 item licensing limit. 

• 1 month later...

Figured the issue out with Citrix Support. Apparently its a know issue as the support engineer has fixed it many times. 

from the Netscaler console run do the following (At your own risk)

sh ns param (If HTTP and ICA ports are set to (none) run the following)

image.thumb.png.4a6ac01a50ae8c9579af8a49d569e6a1.png

set ns param -httpPort 80 443

set ns param -icaPort 1494 2598

sh ns param ( to verify )

image.thumb.png.a9f3f2fd0865d171b66b1e4fcfee930e.png

save c

• Like 2

• 2 years later...