Updated Privacy Statement

XA7.15 CU2 MCS Prep Issue

Derek Da Silva1709152462

Question

I've upgraded my environment to XA 7.15 CU2 and I am experiencing an issue during the MCS prep stage.  It appears to be a problem with my Windows 2016 since I did not experience any issues with Windows 7.   I encounter the following error during VM prep:

"Sign-in process initialization failure.  Interactive sign-in process initialization has failed.  Please check the event log for details."

I am rolling back the master image and machine catalog to CU1.   I suspect this is a bug with CU2 since I've successfully updated the image in the past 24 hours without incidents.

MCS PREP Issue.PNG

Hi All,  Facing the same issues here. Everyday 4-5 out of my 70 Server remain in this state after rebooting. The servers are random and I can not reproduce the issue. Pretty annoying. Has anybody found the cause for this behaviour? 

Can't be a general issue, as:

- the majority of the servers starts correct

- all using the same image

- I can not reproduce the issue on demand

- When I click ok, the bootup continous and the server is fine

@Citrix: Any Clue to what we are facoing here? Happens in 2016 Server, Xenapp 7.15 LTSR CU1/CU2/CU3

Having the same issue, as well with 7.15 CU1 and CU2. Strangely enough it doesn't always happen. Even with the same image sometimes it comes trough.

We have to Identical data centers that have both a machine catalog , deploying the same base image sometimes works on one and fails for the other.

Mostly went it happens I open a console to the preparation machine and click OK, the update of the catalog goes further and I can't find any problem afterwards. 

But it still is annoying. Let see if it solved in CU3.

We are running AHV 5.5.05 on Nutanix as hypervisor.

On 6/18/2018 at 3:30 AM, John Quirke said:

Can you be more specific about this? Did someone provide with a private for 7.15? LC7528 is over a year old should not be present in 7.14+ so this shouldn't be applicable for 7.15.

if you guys can test with 7.14.1 and you do not get this error as you do in 7.1, then its LC7528.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:01 AM, Thomas BAUMANN said:

A private hotfix is available for this issue XD 7.15 CU2 on 2016 server : LC7528

Can you be more specific about this? Did someone provide with a private for 7.15? LC7528 is over a year old should not be present in 7.14+ so this shouldn't be applicable for 7.15.

with  7.17 I reproduced the issue 2 times with the same master restarting it and taking a new snapshot each time.

the 3rd time i added 'timeout 30' to my batch script in

HKLM\Software\Citrix\MachineIdentityServiceAgent\ImagePreparation\Before

now the process completes.

The only way I have been able to reliability get this to work is by removing the Lanman Server (Server) and Lanman Workstation (Workstation) from the dependencies of the PvsVMAgnet and then setting the service to Delayed Start.  

Also you can add a before script to the Prep to delay "sleep" for 60 sec.

You can add one (or both) of the following MultiSZ registry values

HKLM\Software\Citrix\MachineIdentityServiceAgent\ImagePreparation\Before

HKLM\Software\Citrix\MachineIdentityServiceAgent\ImagePreparation\After

http://discussions.citrix.com/topic/378286-customizing-machine-creation-services/#entry1929451

Try setting these  dependencies to the PvsVmAgent service.   (delayed start does not work)

EventSystem
Winmgmt

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PvsVmAgent]
"DependOnService"=hex(7):45,00,76,00,65,00,6e,00,74,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,\
  65,00,6d,00,00,00,57,00,69,00,6e,00,6d,00,67,00,6d,00,74,00,00,00,00,00

1 hour ago, Chuck Snyder said:

Could you provide your case # on this?  Mine is 77295677.

When you deploy your image do you see the login screen when on U1?   I added a sleep script to the before and after prep and now see the login screen.   After the sleep script run the Prep process runs and then shutdown.   Without the sleep scripts I do not see the login screen.  

Strangely enough I am unable to reproduce this issue today for support.   I notice that with my testing today I was not restarting the VMs with the new image deployment and it worked every time.  I was selecting deploy on next reboot.   If anyone has time can you test this theory?  

Hello,

I 've uninstalled VDA CU1 and re-installed CU2 on my master image to address the Sign-in process initialization failure.   Now I am facing a new problem.   When I log onto the VDA via I encounter a black screen.  No start menu and no desktop.   I've rolled back to CU2 given the problems experienced this weekend.

I've used the Citrix Optimization Tool in the past.   Maybe a year ago or less.

D

Archived