Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix ICA Transport Driver TdIca error

Kevin Halstead1709158370

Question

Hi,

Just working through the a Delivery group as this showed three failures this morning and has been going on for a while now in Citrix Director of refused:

On logging onto the VDA it showed the following events when the connection is made by the user:

The ICA Transport driver is started.

The Citrix ICA Transport Driver is waiting for connections on port 1494.

The Citrix ICA Transport Driver is waiting for connections on port 2598.

15 seconds later:

It then closes the ports and gives this error:

The Citrix ICA Transport Driver is no longer waiting for connectionas on port 1494.

The Citrix ICA Transport Driver is no longer waiting for connectionas on port 2598

The Citrix ICA Transport Driver has received error 0xc0000043 while trying to configure port 54789.

The Citrix ICA Transport Driver has received error 0xc0000043 while trying to configure port 9738.

It then doesn’t start again until the next user connects 15 minutes later to the same VDA where again the Citrix ICA Transport driver starts, it opens the 1494/2598 ports and a connection is completed as shown below:

The Citrix ICA Transport Driver has received a connect request from 192.168.0.60:49560

We are seeing this on a daily bases from various machines, does not always happen.  Any ideas. we want to try and cut down on the failure rates shown in Director, but this one is puzzling.

VDA version 7.14.1

Any ideas?

Kevin

19 hours ago, Anthony Rogers1709162040 said:

Did any of you get a resolution to this? We have a client that is experiencing the same thing.

After much troubleshooting and finally getting a network escalation engineer to review ADC traces, we found a possible issue with IP fragmentation.

With DTLS enabled, HDX Transport set to Preferred, and SR enabled, we were directed to follow this article: 

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX231821

Except set values for

OutBufLength=1300

udtMSS=1300

edtMSS=1300

This resolved our issue.

• Like 3

Same issue here wtih VDA 7.15 LTSR and VDA 7.17. started facing this issue after upgrading to 7.15 and 7.17. earlier we were running with 7.8, didnt faced this issue.

Seeing simillar events Tdica (1017). 

The Citrix ICA Transport Driver connection from x.x.x.x:58288 to port 2598 was unexpectedly closed during its SSL handshake phase.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX233143 this didnt help much but to some extent it reduced the occurance of error. still the issue persist.

• Like 2

Similar symptoms, but here is more information for us:

We were running VDA 7.8, and we went to VDA 7.15 (not cu2). 

Now occasionally when users launch a WebEx meetingcenter through internet explorer session, the ICA session disconnects and the user is forced to reconnect.

This never happened before our 7.15 upgrade. Even after the upgrade, it doesnt happen for everyone.

I forget where i found this, but my memory says this:

Apply these three regs, reboot, and it will solve this symptom 99% of the time.

(my note: I had to apply with GPO as the keys were locked down.

1) 

Hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE 
Key path SOFTWARE\Citrix\CtxHook 
Value name ExcludedImageNames 
Value type REG_SZ 
Value data LsaIso.exe,BioIso.exe,FsIso.exe,sppsvc.exe,atmgr.exe,ashelper.exe,webexmta.exe,ptsrv.exe,ptim.exe,ptOIEX.exe,ptoneclk.exe 

2) 

Hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE 
Key path SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CtxUvi 
Value name UviProcessExcludes 
Value type REG_SZ 
Value data LsaIso.exe;BioIso.exe;FsIso.exe;sppsvc.exe;atmgr.exe;ashelper.exe;webexmta.exe;ptsrv.exe;ptim.exe;ptOIEX.exe;ptoneclk.exe 

3) 

Hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE 
Key path SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\CtxHook 
Value name ExcludedImageNames 
Value type REG_SZ 
Value data LsaIso.exe,BioIso.exe,FsIso.exe,sppsvc.exe,atmgr.exe,ashelper.exe,webexmta.exe,ptsrv.exe,ptim.exe,ptOIEX.exe,ptoneclk.exe 

I have observed this to help a great deal, but not completely resolve the issue.

We had this exact same error on our Windows 7 VDI machines. Eventually we found out our dynamic ports were in the way of the ICA port. For some reason our image had a start port of 1000.  This way services.exe was able to grab the 1494 port and prevent connections to the VDI. We set this again to default value of start port 49152.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/832017/service-overview-and-network-port-requirements-for-windows

On 4/12/2018 at 3:28 PM, Balaji Muthukrishnan said:

Same issue here wtih VDA 7.15 LTSR and VDA 7.17. started facing this issue after upgrading to 7.15 and 7.17. earlier we were running with 7.8, didnt faced this issue.

Seeing simillar events Tdica (1017). 

The Citrix ICA Transport Driver connection from x.x.x.x:58288 to port 2598 was unexpectedly closed during its SSL handshake phase.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX233143 this didnt help much but to some extent it reduced the occurance of error. still the issue persist.

We migrated from 1903 to 1909 and we face the same issue.

We are troubleshouting with citrix, but until now we don't have a solution.

On ‎02‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 7:15 PM, Henrry Ortiz said:

We have the same issue, citrix support has being for 6 days and doesnt have any solution we move to 1912 LTSR and tomorrow we test the VDA in production, but if you have any advice or solution we appreciate. 

We are having a similar issue and currently running 7.15.4000/5000.  Did your move to 1912 help resolve the issue?

On 2/21/2020 at 6:15 PM, Henrry Ortiz said:

We have the same issue, citrix support has being for 6 days and doesnt have any solution we move to 1912 LTSR and tomorrow we test the VDA in production, but if you have any advice or solution we appreciate. 

We have a customer envrionment with VDA 1912 and are experiencing TDICA errors with SR enabled, if I turn it off via Citrix Gateways setting in StoreFront and just use 1494, the app/desktop launches just fine, if I turn SR back on I get the TDICA errors.

18 hours ago, Sascha Abbe1709158914 said:

Hi Andy,

do you have new information? I have disable EDT but it didn't help. I have that problem even when I'm internal nad not going through the gateway.

I'm continuing to test with their escalation team. Here's my most recent testing (when I say the scenario worked or didn't work, that means I was successful or not successful in launching an ICA session):

Keep Alive (via reg keys) – Disabled, SR – Enabled, HDX Adaptive Transport – Off, DTLS – Enabled
This scenario worked

Keep Alive – Enabled, SR – Enabled, HDX Adaptive Transport – Off, DTLS – Enabled
This scenario worked

Keep Alive – Disabled, SR – Enabled, HDX Adaptive Transport – Preferred, DTLS – Enabled
This scenario did NOT work

Keep Alive – Disabled, SR – Enabled, HDX Adaptive Transport – Preferred, DTLS – Disabled
This scenario worked

Keep Alive – Enabled, SR – Enabled, HDX Adaptive Transport – Preferred, DTLS – Disabled
This scenario worked

Keep Alive – Enabled, SR – Enabled, HDX Adaptive Transport – Off, DTLS – Disabled
This scenario worked

Keep Alive – Enabled, SR – Enabled, HDX Adaptive Transport – Preferred, DTLS – Enabled
This scenario did NOT work