Welcome to our new Citrix community!

apps shows blackscreen with dual graphic card

Simon-Pier Voyer

Question

Hi we updated from citrix receiver 4.2.100.14 to 4.9.0.2539.

we got problem with those laptops with dual graphic card.

the apps appears black. i found a trick, i have to uninstall both drivers(intel and amd) and let windows install it.

it doesnt happends with other laptop with only 1 graphic card.

any  workaround ?

i tried updating both graphics drivers and bios but no luck.

thanks,

6 answers to this question

So according to Citrix the Hardware Acceleration for graphics is disabled by default in 4.5 and earlier and in 4.6 and later they enabled it by default with in Citrix receiver which is where the problem comes into play.  So the thought is if you disable Hardware Acceleration for graphics in the MS GPO you will have the same experience as you had before graphically for any version of receiver 4.5 or older.  There should be no degradation to anything graphically. I will let you know if we run into any problems with testing or deployment.

• Like 1

Our company is making the jump from Receiver 4.6 to 4.11, and we're having similar issues with AMD / Intel hybrid laptops.  Not an easy fix, but if you have the drivers installed correctly so that you can access the Radeon control panel, there should be an "advanced" settings.  That will open a second window with a section for "Switchable Graphics Application Settings".  In that area, if it is not already present, and depending on a 32 or 64-bit OS, add "C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe" and then set it to "Power saving".  This is a per-user profile setting, I don't know how to apply it to all users on one system.

So we have gone from Citrix receiver 4.5 to 4.9 and have stumbled across the same problem.  The solution that Citrix has provided is to enable Legacy Graphics Mode through Citrix policy or disable Hardware Acceleration for graphics in the MS GPO which can be used once you import the admx and adml files for the newer version of receiver.  The question we are still investigating is if there is any kind of degradation in the users session when using either of these policies.  Thank you