Welcome to our new Citrix community!

No control over the mouse when present program or desktop

Delyan Bastrev

Question

We have sfb2016 client as published application. When the users starts sharing their screens or programs the mouse is running out of control. The mouse pointer is always points to the top left on the screen. If you tries to drag the mouse pointer to another position on the screen the pointer is move back immediately to the top left on the screen. Really weird issue.

13 answers to this question

Hi Delyan,

That does sound strange and it is not something i have heard before. 

I would like to clarify you are aware of the expectations when screen sharing using SfB when it is in a published application/desktop session. From - https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX200279.

• Screen/app sharing from Skype for Business as a published app
    The Skype for Business client’s data sharing features enable it to share either full screens of the virtual or published desktop, or any application that co-resides with it on the same server. So, when Skype for Business is delivered as a published app into a local desktop, only other published apps running in the same XenApp or XenDesktop session can be shared. Applications running locally on the user device or in other sessions cannot be shared, because the hosted Skype for Business client can only “see” applications running in the same session.

Perhaps this might be adding to your issue.

Regards,

Cormac

8 minutes ago, german chai said:

Just want to share what I have experienced and how did I resolve the issue here

Try to change your OS primary monitor to another one, for my case I changed my MacOS's primary monitor to an external monitor, it works fine immediately.

Hope it helps

Interesting. 

Thanks for the tip. 

had thought it only happens to me ... glad to know I'm not the only one.

Exactly same setup. Mac OS, with external monitors, once screenshare started (not just Skype for Business, some other screenshare tools too) I lose control over my mouse. It keeps resetting to a corner of my primary screen (for me, it's right bottom corner of primary monitor).

Hey guys,

I have the same issue with losing control over my mouse pointer when presenting desktop in Skype Business over dual monitors. When i disconnect my second monitor, the issue gets resolved.

Can we have a fix for this soon as i have to do many meetings during the day where i present my screen and it is inconvenient when i lose control of my mouse pointer

Thanks,

Nihal

1 hour ago, Daniel Szomboti said:

This was fixed in a recent release. If you have RTC 2.9 + RTME 2.9.1 (out a couple of days ago) and still face this please open a ticket to our attention. 

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I installed the RTC 2.9.1 on my MAC but the issue still persists. Should I also install this on my office PC as well? Should i restart my office PC remotely too?

Just to add this issue occurs only when i keep my laptop screen as my primary monitor and the external screen as my secondary monitor. If i do it the other way round, the issue gets resolved.

Thanks,

Nihal

Hi Daniel,

I installed the RTC 2.9.1 on my MAC but the issue still persists. Should I also install this on my office PC as well? Should i restart my office PC remotely too?

Just to add this issue occurs only when i keep my laptop screen as my primary monitor and the external screen as my secondary monitor. If i do it the other way round, the issue gets resolved.

Thanks,

Nihal