Photo

client drive mapping not working

Started by micgra , 13 September 2017 - 03:12 PM
5 replies to this topic

Best Answer micgra , 14 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

We had confirmation from Citrix that this is a known issue and related to Mcafee.

I also find this thread :

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/389307-mcafee-endpoint-protection-and-mapped-drives/

micgra Members

Michel Grandchamp
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

Hello,

XenApp 7.15 LTSR, Windows 2016, Receiver 4.9 LTSR

We cannot use client drive mapping. When a user try to save a document (either locally on the client or in the network) he gets an error like : \\Client\C$\sci\file.rtf Cannot find this file. Please verify that the correct path and file name are given.

Sometimes the error is different (handle error, access denied error) depending of the application.

We can open a file but if we try to save it we get a "Failed to save document".

There is no "Read only" policy for drive mapping.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Nitin Bhatt Citrix Employees

Nitin Bhatt
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

Hello Micgra,

I've some ambiguity about your query, Still kindly check https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX238200.

If the above article doesn't resolve your issue,

Then I'd request you to post your query in step-by-step format, and describe, what the users are doing, at what point they get the error (error screenshot), and what is your expectation in terms of resolution/ How you want it to work ?

- Regards,

Nitin

micgra Members

Michel Grandchamp
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:38 AM

Hello,

user log into XenApp using Receiver

Local Drive are mapped into the session, the user can see drives (see prinscreen)

User can open files from these drives

User cannot save files to theses drive (see printscreen)

There is no "read only" policy

If I log to the server using RDP, then it works (user can write)

Regards

Attached Thumbnails

• drives.jpg
  • error.jpg

micgra Members

Michel Grandchamp
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

We had confirmation from Citrix that this is a known issue and related to Mcafee.

I also find this thread :

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/389307-mcafee-endpoint-protection-and-mapped-drives/

Best Answer

Nitin Bhatt Citrix Employees

Nitin Bhatt
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

Hello Micgra,

The resolution in the post , isn't provided by Citrix, so How did you get a confirmation from citrix ?

Q1. Which security software are you using ? which version? If possible please share the product download page.

Q2. As per the post, Only resolution listed is "Only completely disable on-access and reboot is solving problem." , did this resolve the issue for you as well?

Q3. If the above answer is no, then can you test the issue on a machine with no security software installed ?

micgra Members

Michel Grandchamp
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:00 AM

Hello Nitin,

>>so How did you get a confirmation from citrix ?

because we opened a case