Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM new install, cannot connect to infrastructure server

John Long

Question

This is my first attempt to install this. I've read the manual and a couple how to guides with no luck getting it working. I have installed WEM 4.4 on server 2016 in a test environment. I have 2 VM's, one for the DB server (sql server 2014 standard) and the other for the Infrastructure server.

I was able to create the database and enter and save the configuration in the WEM Infrastructure service configuration console successfuly.

When I try to open the WEM admin console and connect I get this error:

Specified Infrastructure Server seems to be offline or have a wrong database configuration. Please check the configuration and try again.

I've turned off the windows firewall on both machines. I've tried connecting to the host name, FQDN, localhost and 127.0.0.1. All the ports were left default during installation. Port 8284 is listening on the infrastructure server.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Got it fixed. I must start by saying I'm not an SQL administrator and truthfully I've only installed SQL server a handful of times in the past 15 years. So, with that disclaimer out of the way here it is.

I found this error in the event viewer under Norskale Broker Service. Login failed for user 'vuemUser'.

So I started working my way backwards. I eventually landed in the SQL Studio Server Properties on the Security tab. Under Server Authentication, Windows Authentication mode was selected. I selected SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode then restarted the DB service.

I was then able to login to the WEM management console!

Hope this helps someone else.

• Like 3

Hi John.

Please refer to the possible solution below:

SOLUTION #1:  
Launch the Broker Service Configuration console on the WEM Broker and enter in the appropriate information to point to the correct WEM site.

***Review all the tabs to confirm all data is present, then click "Save Configuration".***

SOLUTION #2:  
***This is a last resort option.***

It may be necessary to create a brand new WEM Database do to unknown corruption on the database level.

SOLUTION #3: 
If DNS resolution is a problem, use the IP address of the Database Server to point to the Database inside of the Broker Server Configuration Console.  You may also choose to create a localhost entry on the WEM Broker with the Database Server name and IP address.

Thanks for your reply.

I went over the settings in the Infrastructure Service Configuration, they are correct. I deleted the DB and the vuemUser account and recreated it, this time specifying a password for the vuemUser and re entered the password in the WEM Infrastructure Service Configuration and saved it.

I still get this error, Specified Infrastructure Server seems to be offline or have a wrong database configuration. Please check the configuration and try again.

On solution #3 if I don't have the correct server address I get a different error that says, Error connecting to the specified Infrastructure Server!.

I'm really not sure what could be causing it not to work.

On 9/13/2017 at 1:49 AM, John Long said:

As John said, Its got fixed by this way.

1. In Event Viewer there was error related to "Vuemuser"

Event ID :Login failed for user 'vuemUser'.

2. Went back to SQL Server Management console --> Right click on SQL Server name ( Instance)--> In Properties went to "Security" Tab--> Under Server Authentication it was selected "Windows Authentication".

3. Changed that to "SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode"  then restarted the DB service.

I was then able to login to the WEM management console!

Thanks John ?