Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Receiver 4.8 and Alt+Enter in Excel Seamless

Gestion Licences

Question

We have a bug with Receiver 4.8, doing Alt+Enter in a seamless session on Windows 2012R2 or Windows 2016 crashes the Receiver and we have to reconnect to the session. Sometimes, the application window turns black but most of the times Receiver crashes.

Alt-Enter is use in Excel to add a line break in a cell.

We don’t have this bug when we use a seamless session on Windows 2008R2.

Receiver 4.7 works fine with all Windows Server version.
Any hints?
Thanks

• Like 1

25 answers to this question

Same was happening to me. I tested with Receive versions 4.8 and 4.9 on Citrix XenApp 7.13 and 7.15. I got the hotfix "LC8317-49.zip" from Citrix. This hotfix contains 1 file, "GfxRender.dll", with a date stamp of Sept 1st, 2017. I replaced the GfxRender.dll in c:/Program Files (x86)/Citrix/ICA Client with the new one from the hotfix and rebooted my laptop with Receiver 4.9.0.2539 but this issue still happens.

By the way, I was also told that this issue will be fixed in Citrix Receiver 4.10, which will be released by Citrix on November 17,th, 2017.

• Like 1

All,

Citrix will soon release Citrix Receiver 4.9.1000. In this version, the ALT+ENTER issue for Microsoft Excel will be fixed. I tested with a modified version of "GfxRender.dll" and I could not reproduce the error anymore with this fix.

So my advice would be to wait upgrading to Citrix Receiver 4.9, till version 4.9.1000 is available for download, which will be very soon.

I'm seeing this bug in the year 2019 , using Receiver 14.9.0.2539 and Xenapp 7.15.3000 Server VDA. 

It does not seem to effect all installs though as i have another 14.9.0.2539 box and the key-combo works as expected. 

The user that fails to XA7.15 is however able to use Excel key-combo OK on conection to a legacy XA6.5 Farm. 

I plan to get the user receiver updated to 7.15.1000 or newer (which is should resolve as per https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/receiver/windows/4-9/about/fixed-issues.html

if i have time will post back the result.