Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenApp 7.14 reboot schedule not working

Jos Verhallen

Question

we hav configured our delivery group to reboot every day at 03:00 AM, however the servers are not rebooting. this is causing issues for us.

we are also getting these events:

The Citrix Broker Service has terminated the processing of the 'GroupReboot' for 'SBC-2012R2-PROD'. The reboot cycle (UID = '937') ended with the final state 'Abandoned'. Summary: '0' machines successfully rebooted, '0' machines failed to reboot, '5' machines were not processed.

during the reboot window we are also receiving the following event:

The Citrix Broker Service failed to broker a connection for user 'USERNAME' to resource 'Desktop'. The Citrix Broker Service cannot find any available virtual machines. 

Please add more virtual machines to the site. If the problem is due to existing virtual machines not becoming available, see Citrix Knowledge Base article CTX126992.

please assist

6 answers to this question

Hello Kevin,

We had this issue reported in the past (https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX219967), However as per documentation, it seems be have been resolved in XD7.13.

1. What is the OS on the VDAs and VDA version ?
2. If you reboot/shutdown/start the VDA manually (using studio) are you able to do it ?
3. Run a test on the hyper-visor and resource connection, did you find any errors?
4. Is there any notification message configured (before reboot), If yes, can you please remove the message and try again.

5. We can use the below steps to remove and re-configure reboot schedule
. To get the existing reboot schedules assigned on the current delivery groups: 

To achieve this run Get-BrokerRebootSchedule –DesktopGroupName “NameofDEsktopGroup”
This will give you the Version 1 schedules of non-working delivery group. 
Now run Get-BrokerRebootScheduleV2 –DesktopGroupName “NameofDEsktopGroup”
This will give you the Version 2 schedules of non-working delivery group. 

. Now we would have to remove these existing schedules via PowerShell command lets. This has to be done if the controllers were upgraded to any version above 7.11 from a version below 7.11 because that when V2 were introduced. 

Remove-BrokerRebootSchedule –DesktopGroupName “NameofDEsktopGroup” 
Remove-BrokerRebootScheduleV2 –DesktopGroupName “NameofDEsktopGroup” 

. Once you remove those schedules, Set the reboot schedules as intended from the Studio console by editing delivery group.

6. Try removing VDA software completely and then install the latest VDA version (https://www.citrix.co.in/downloads/xenapp-and-xendesktop/product-software/xenapp-and-xendesktop-715.html)

-Regards,

Nitin

• Like 1

I've had this issue as well. The fix for me was to use Powershell to delete the reboot schedule with the command "Remove-BrokerRebootSchedule -DesktopGroupName (Name of your DG)". "BrokerRebootSchedule" is the actual name of one of my schedules so you'll need to put in the correct name of your schedule.

Hope this helps.

I have the problem with version 7.15.4 !

when I remove the message, this resolve the problem. (solution from the link:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX219967?_ga=2.200944875.458185252.1582795212-1403832167.1582795212

but if I return the message, the problem comes back

I tried the solution:

Remove-BrokerRebootSchedule –DesktopGroupName “NameofDEsktopGroup” 

Remove-BrokerRebootScheduleV2 –DesktopGroupName “NameofDEsktopGroup” 

(with my delivery group name).

and this not resolved the problem.

Any other ideas?

thanks.