Photo

MAS 12.0 Build 51.24 - Alert Rules Filtered by Failure Object not working

Started by Anthony Hoivik , 31 July 2017 - 04:04 PM
3 replies to this topic

Anthony Hoivik Members

Anthony Hoivik
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

After upgrading from MAS 12.0 build 41.16 to 51.24, I've noticed that alert rules I've configured filtered by Failure Object no longer trigger.

These alerts were working before the upgrade.

When configuring an alarm rule either by selecting the Virtual Server or Service Group using the UI, OR using a search string such as  "vs-service*", the rules never trigger.

By clearing the field, I do start to get the alerts, but then obviously for ALL objects failing. Not ideal when we try to provide alerts for certain applications to their respective groups.

Anyone else notice this?

Nathan Joseph Members

Nathan Joseph
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

I have seen similar issues with alert rule filters, not just on failure object but on other filter aspects as well. Makes trying to get SDX Hardware failures to specific teams quite difficult...

Anthony Hoivik Members

Anthony Hoivik
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

Providing an update to this, I currently have a ticket open with Citrix on this issue.

It seems the problem is that MAS simply does not see the "failureobject" at all. The events shown on the event table all have a null failure object. I check the netscaler itself and the failureobject is listed in the logs - so their is either an issue delivering this information to MAS, or MAS is purging this information during its parsing process.

This explains why my filters don't work, if every event has a null failure object, of course nothing will show when I apply a filter.

Still waiting on confirmation from Citrix that they have been able to reproduce. Attached screenshots for example.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.png
  • 2.png

Darren Poppleton Members

Darren Poppleton
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

Please keep us updated if this gets fixed. I've been scratching my head for a day before seeing this post, at least I now know I am not crazy.