Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Receiver - Installation NOT successful for 'XenApp Web Plugin', error: 1612.

Michael Johndon

Question

Hi All, 

So i've been researching this issue the last few days and trying any solution i come across, frrom;

- Uninstalling via Add / Remvoe Programs (Which doesn't work 90% of the time)

- Removing the install directories

- Removing anything in the registry which references citrix

- Using the citrix uninstaller / removal tool

- Removing any MS C++ Packages which are installed.

None have worked, and i always end up with a failed installer, with the logs saying something along the lines of: 

08:13:03: Information - CComponentManager::GetInstallStatus(505) - Component was Receiver Inside installed successfully.

08:13:03: Information - CComponentManager::GetInstallStatus(505) - Component was Receiver installed successfully.
08:13:03: Error - CComponentManager::GetInstallStatus(493) - Installation NOT successful for 'XenApp Web Plugin', error: 1612.
08:13:03: Warning - CComponentManager::GetInstallStatus(498) - Installation NOT successful for 'USB', it never fully tried to install, possibly due to issues.
08:13:03: Warning - CComponentManager::GetInstallStatus(498) - Installation NOT successful for 'Citrix Receiver (DV)', it never fully tried to install, possibly due to issues.
08:13:03: Warning - CComponentManager::GetInstallStatus(498) - Installation NOT successful for 'HDX Flash', it never fully tried to install, possibly due to issues.
08:13:03: Warning - CComponentManager::GetInstallStatus(498) - Installation NOT successful for 'HDX Aero', it never fully tried to install, possibly due to issues.
08:13:03: Warning - CComponentManager::GetInstallStatus(498) - Installation NOT successful for 'Authentication Manager', it never fully tried to install, possibly due to issues.
08:13:03: Warning - CComponentManager::GetInstallStatus(498) - Installation NOT successful for 'Self Service Plug-in', it never fully tried to install, possibly due to issues.

I've attached the full log for your viewing, thanks in advance guys, this really has me stumped.

13 answers to this question

Hi Michael:

Disable all the group policy and reboot the machine.

Place the receiver installation package to the local disk drive like C:\

Disable/uninstall all the security software and try again. Some security software cannot be fully disabled, in this case, you need to uninstall the software.

Regards

Jack Tu :)  

Hi,

So i've completely removed Citrix, and re-ran the installer, as i noticed the Ctx-E74093D3-0758-46D6-831D-9D10579953AD directories werent creating.

During the install, before it errors, i can see this folder, and all of the extracted .msi files - i've tried to run ICAWebWrapper seperately but it errors saying the file doesn't exist. 

As soon as i exit the installer the folder removes itself. 

I do agree this would look like a typical AV blocking the installer, i can't find any evidence of this though, i've tried to disable the AV/Remove it, but with it being a work laptop i'm somewhat restricted. Citrix is something that works on everyone elses machine though, so not sure why it would be being blocked on mine.

Kind regards,

Michael

I've also now exrtracted a newly downloaded Citrix Reciever, extracted the .exe to give me all of the .msi's, tried to install via command line using:

msiexec /i  ICAWebWrapper.msi   REBOOT=ReallySuppress MSIDISABLERMRESTART=0 MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL=0  NEED_RECEIVER=n TROLLEYINSTALL=1  ALLUSERS=1

And i recieve the same error about the network resource not being available, and to make sure the file exists etc.

I was having the same problem.

I ran the receiver installer, waited for it to fail.  went to the temp folder where it extracted the files, took a copy of everything to another folder.  closed the installer.

ran icawebwrapper.msi from the extracted files.  it complained about not being able to find the msi.  so i provided the path to the extracted files.

after that i ran the receiver installer just fine, no issues.

Seems there's tons of ways for this receiver installer to break.  the cleanup utility might have worked better for previous versions, but it might be missing registry keys for the current version.  doesn't seem to clean up installer registry keys correctly anymore.  it needs an update.

even the receiver cleanup utility that's in the extracted files is the same old version from the citrix support site.

• Like 1