Photo

Directory CitrixAGBasic/Authenticate is missing

Started by Vincent Sprague , 23 July 2017 - 07:29 PM
4 replies to this topic

Vincent Sprague Members

Vincent Sprague
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

I am trying to setup SAML Authentication in my Citrix 7.12 environment using a Netscaler Gateway and AD FS. Everything appears to be configured properly but I am getting an error on my Storefront server when I try to login. It comes from "Citrix Receiver for Web" with an Event ID 10. I am most interested in this piece of the error.

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
Url: https://localhost/Citrix/StoreAuth/CitrixAGBasic/Authenticate

When I look at IIS on the Store on the Storefront server I see the ViewpointAuth directory but I do not see a CitrixAGBasic directory. I'm wondering if I'm just missing a component of the Storefront install and that is why this directory does not exist.

I'm hoping someone can help me.

Carl Stalhood CTP Member

Carl Stalhood
  • 12,283 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:44 PM

Are you load balancing StoreFront? If so, check Event Log on each server for errors.

Reconfigure loopback to OnUsingHttp - Right-click the Store > Manage Receiver for Web > Configure > Advanced Settings.

Vincent Sprague Members

Vincent Sprague
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

No load balancing, only 1 Storefront server.

I tried changing that setting but I'm still getting the same error.

Should the CitrixAGBasic directory actually exist under the StoreAuth directory?

Also, this is the full error:

A CitrixAGBasic Login request has failed.
Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication.AG.AGAuthenticatorException, Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication, Version=3.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Authenticate encountered an exception.
   at Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication.AG.AGAuthenticator.Authenticate(HttpRequestBase clientRequest, Boolean& passwordSupplied)
   at Citrix.Web.AuthControllers.Controllers.GatewayAuthController.Login()
System.Net.WebException, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
Url: http://127.0.0.1/Citrix/StoreAuth/CitrixAGBasic/Authenticate
ExceptionStatus: ProtocolError
ResponseStatus: Forbidden
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Utilities.HttpHelpers.ReceiveResponse(HttpWebRequest req)
   at Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication.TokenIssuingClient.RequestToken(String url, RequestToken requestToken, String primaryToken, String languages, CookieContainer cookieContainer, IEnumerable`1 acceptedResponseTypes, IDictionary`2 additionalHeaders)
   at Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication.AG.AGAuthenticator.Authenticate(HttpRequestBase clientRequest, Boolean& passwordSupplied)

Matthew Maheras Members

Matthew Maheras
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Were you able to get this issue resolved? I'm getting the identical error.

Tomas Karnold Members

Tomas Karnold
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:38 AM

Hi,

Were you able to get this issue resolved? I'm getting the identical error.

in our case the SF are loadbalanced, and the occurence is about 2 hours per 1-2months and it always fixes itself without any our action. We have also 4 access gateways and only one - the external one is affected.

It seems to me as some load balance issue. At that time both SF reports these errors + event ids 3,8,10 of Citrix Delivery Services.

thx Tom