Photo

Error Creating WEM Database - Primer File must be 64 MB for getting a copy of model db

Started by Jürgen Müller , 17 July 2017 - 12:47 PM
7 replies to this topic

Jürgen Müller Members

Jürgen Müller
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

Hi,

i´ve got a problem to create a new WEM DataBase.

It is WEM version 4.3 and we have a SQL always on cluster in version 2014.

Error in german:
(Citrix WEM Database Management Utility Debug Log.log)

14:30:16 Exception -> CreateVuemdb.Run() : SqlDatabaseHelper.() connection Error : 1803 | Fehler bei der CREATE DATABASE-Anweisung. Die primäre Datei muss mindestens 64 MB groß sein, um eine Kopie der model-Datenbank aufnehmen zu können.
14:30:19 Exception -> CreateDbsubFrm5.button1_Click() : SqlDatabaseHelper.() connection Error : 1803 | Fehler bei der CREATE DATABASE-Anweisung. Die primäre Datei muss mindestens 64 MB groß sein, um eine Kopie der model-Datenbank aufnehmen zu können.

in englisch:

The primary file must be at least 64 MB to accommodate a copy of the model database

The model db has a size of 128 MB at all (Data plus log).

Maybe someone has solved this issue?

Best regards

Jürgen

Sam Ponder Members

Sam Ponder
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

We are experiencing this issue as well and would like to know how to resolve it.

11:39:44 AM Exception -> CreateVuemdb.Run() : SqlDatabaseHelper.() connection Error : 1803 | The CREATE DATABASE statement failed. The primary file must be at least 500 MB to accommodate a copy of the model database.

Our model db is 750MB in size

WEM 4.3 & SQL 2012

Thanks,

Sam

Jürgen Müller Members

Jürgen Müller
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:55 PM

Hi, it is nice not o be alone with this!

We worked around this issue.

Creating the database on a stand alone SQL Server with a smaller model db. Full Backup of the WEM Database.

Restore on the SQL Always On Cluster. Configuring Access rights and we said in Database Configuration on Wem Server use the SQL Always On Cluster.

It Works!

Citrix maybe you have to adjust the sql create db script respective size of the WEM db?

Jürgen

Sam Ponder Members

Sam Ponder
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

I just talked to our DBA and that is what we are going to do as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! 

Andrew Cresswell Citrix Employees

Andrew Cresswell
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

Hi Sam / Jürgen,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your WEM installs. I'm the product manager for it here at Citrix, can i confirm that you are both trying to deploy into a SQL AlwaysOn environment?

The officially line is its not supported however that is more of a reflection of our test coverage and I'm working on getting that resolved. 

I will pass this info back to the developers and see what they say.

Many thanks

Andy

sam@asp Members

Sam Ponder
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

Yes, we are using an always on cluster.

James Kindon Members

James Kindon
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:09 AM

We have seen similar issues - it was resolved by having the DBA grow out the Model DB, and then shrink it back once the WEM DB had been deployed

This was not on an Always On Setup.

It seems to occur if the default Model DB Size is altered at any point

Jürgen Müller Members

Jürgen Müller
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:17 AM

Yes, the customer is using a SQL Always On Cluster