Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Forbidden logging into Storefront througth NetScaler using SAML

I've a configuration where I'm logging into Storefront through NetScaler. This works just fine when using LDAP authentication in NS, but when using SAML I get the following message in de "Citrix Delivery Services" eventlog:

A CitrixAGBasic Login request has failed.

Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication.AG.AGAuthenticatorException, Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication, Version=3.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Authenticate encountered an exception.
   at Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication.AG.AGAuthenticator.Authenticate(HttpRequestBase clientRequest, Boolean& passwordSupplied)
   at Citrix.Web.AuthControllers.Controllers.GatewayAuthController.Login()

System.Net.WebException, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
ExceptionStatus: ProtocolError
ResponseStatus: Forbidden
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Utilities.HttpHelpers.ReceiveResponse(HttpWebRequest req)
   at Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication.TokenIssuingClient.RequestToken(String url, RequestToken requestToken, String primaryToken, String languages, CookieContainer cookieContainer, IEnumerable`1 acceptedResponseTypes, IDictionary`2 additionalHeaders)
   at Citrix.DeliveryServicesClients.Authentication.AG.AGAuthenticator.Authenticate(HttpRequestBase clientRequest, Boolean& passwordSupplied)

Just to make sure, your loginname for Office365 matches the UPN you see when you execute this command in a command-prompt? whoami -upn

Your local UPN and Office365 login doesn't necessarily have to match when syncing. Your local UPN could me john@contoso.local and your Office365 login could be john@contoso.com

Just to make sure, your loginname for Office365 matches the UPN you see when you execute this command in a command-prompt? whoami -upn

Your local UPN and Office365 login doesn't necessarily have to match when syncing. Your local UPN could me john@contoso.local and your Office365 login could be john@contoso.com

I think FAS might be causing the problem. I assume you implemented that for the SAML authentication to the storefront? It seems to be where it's all failing.

My UPN matches all the way through.

• 2 years later...