Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Upgraded to 7.14, all published applications fail to launch

Franc van de Westelaken

Question

Hi,

after updating to XA 7.14 all our published applications fail to launch. You see the login progress of receiver and after the stage 'launching applicaion' nothing happens. Eventlog of XA servers, deliverycontroller and storefront server doesn't display any error.

Director reports a failed user launch:

A session has been reported as terminated from the VDA after the client has initially contacted the VDA but before it completed the connection sequence.

Published desktops launch fine, only published apps fail to start.

Any suggestions?

Franc.

Hi All,

As has been mentioned this issue was one of the items that triggered us pulling the 7.14 ISO from the downloads site.

A re-release of 71.4 is being worked on with a fix in place, this will be the only supported solution in the long term. 

This CTX article outlines the issues we are tracking for the re release and will be updated with further details on any short term workarounds:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX224482

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

32 bits is the default on the policy so it's atcually unconfigured and then, at 32bits, what i did is setitngs this on Igel Management console for the thin clients, and the problem is still the same.

Already tried to disabled policies, and no luck.

Mfaphook is correct.

Please have a try at a lab, install latest vda 7.14 and run a published application, as you can see, i'm not alone, and revert back to 7.11 is working without modifying policies or registry keys.

Problem is coming from VDA 7.14

Also a strange thing, the iso has been modified with 30 may 2017 according to citrix website (Before it was a release of 24 may) now and we cannot download it anymore, if you try, you'll be redirected to same page.

Same here, fresh install of VDA 7.14, launching of applications start and then disappear. How does this pass quality control/testing?

Sorry to hear that are seeing issues with clean install of VDA 7.14 also. I am checking with the team if they have any known issues that got missed to be mentioned in known issues section of docs.

I would suggest if you have a chance, please engage with support team to get this looked straight away.

Thanks

Kishore 

Sorry to hear that are seeing issues with clean install of VDA 7.14 also. I am checking with the team if they have any known issues that got missed to be mentioned in known issues section of docs.

I would suggest if you have a chance, please engage with support team to get this looked straight away.

Thanks

Kishore 

What would the "known issue" be? "After upgrade to 7.14 you will not be able to start any applications in XenDesktop"??

I was hoping that, by raising the price for support all of these issues would be taken care of before release. The new "Current release" vs LTSR track you are using needs to be revised. It doesn't work! Your options now is to either pull the ISO (Already done?) or let the customers wait for 7.15. Is that really how we are to expect from your releases from now on?

Every release since the new CR/LTSR track has had issues and we have to wait for the new release that either introduces new bugs or the same ones still exist in the new one (Connection interrupted in Windows 7...).

Not really sure how these issues comply to your "We’re committed to providing the highest standard of service that empowers you to succeed in the cloud, on premises, and anywhere in between" mentality that you say on your website.

Happy to hear an official response to my questions!

//Jörgen

Quick update

There is a workaround for this issue

On the Delivery Group configure the session lingering (10 minutes), later the published applications will work as usual.

The Citrix support is aware of the issue (my case is 73143092). I'll post here further updates as soon as I receive them

Have a great weekend 

David

I am having the same problem on Windows 2008R2 with VDA 7.14.  Published desktop and RDP work, but seamless applications never complete the logon process.  Event log states there was a connection failure.  We also have AppSense installed on the server so I stopped those services and the published application now opens.  We are going to open a case with both AppSense and Citrix to provide them more data, but this seems to be a known Citrix issue.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Citrix Desktop Service
Date:          6/6/2017 9:02:53 AM
Event ID:      1030
Task Category: None
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      gcc-xa-daas-901.na.plexus.com
Description:The Citrix Desktop Service detected that a user session has ended. Session for user 'x has ended; reason code ConnectionFailure.

do you mean to say you tweaked colour depth setting via studio policy as per https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX200082?_ga=2.159125565.627108499.1496178159-552674141.1493319349 and still see the issue?

If you have any citrix policies applied, please try to disable each and see if there is any conflict.

also you may check the additional resource article in the above KB -https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX131995 to see if that applies for you machine?

Thanks
Kishore

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

32 bits is the default on the policy so it's atcually unconfigured and then, at 32bits, what i did is setitngs this on Igel Management console for the thin clients, and the problem is still the same.

Already tried to disabled policies, and no luck.

Mfaphook is correct.

Please have a try at a lab, install latest vda 7.14 and run a published application, as you can see, i'm not alone, and revert back to 7.11 is working without modifying policies or registry keys.

Problem is coming from VDA 7.14

Also a strange thing, the iso has been modified with 30 may 2017 according to citrix website (Before it was a release of 24 may) now and we cannot download it anymore, if you try, you'll be redirected to same page.

For various reasons we have a few applications (exe-files on users homedrive) pointing to a users homefolder via UNC. These applications no longer launch. Normal published applications do actualy launch. What has changed regarding UNC paths for seamless applications?

I rmemeber a few years ago we neede to make changes via powershell to the published applications to be able to launch it seamless using UNC path. I can't remember at top of my head whtat that was. Can someone enlighten me?

I think it was something alon the lines... asnpo Citrix* and then Get / Set Broker-yadayada something...

For various reasons we have a few applications (exe-files on users homedrive) pointing to a users homefolder via UNC. These applications no longer launch. Normal published applications do actualy launch. What has changed regarding UNC paths for seamless applications?

I rmemeber a few years ago we neede to make changes via powershell to the published applications to be able to launch it seamless using UNC path. I can't remember at top of my head whtat that was. Can someone enlighten me?

I think it was something alon the lines... asnpo Citrix* and then Get / Set Broker-yadayada something...

Is this with 7.14.1? I ask because we're considering an upgrade from 7.12, and this would definitely cause problems for us.

We're having all sorts of published applications issues with 7.14.1.

Receiver randomly pops up on the user's PC's now, favorites disappear and reappear, the apps tab does the same. We can't launch applications via Receiver 90% of the time, being greeted with a failed to launch app error. Director shows a connection failure with a reason of "Resource Unavailable", yet it works via direct storefront access - sometimes. At least, with a higher success rate than Receiver.

This is nearly unusable, and my user's are ready to riot!

This week, we made the inplace update from XenApp 7.12 to XenApp 7.14.1 and afterwards the Quick Launch 4 has the problem, that no application is lanched. - We only see the raw XML-File in the "Published Resource" line.... See Attachement...

Can you help us?

Thank you in advanced...

post-12664788-0-88268900-1500624086_thumb.jpg

anyone getting any real answers from Citrix, i have 2 cases open looking at it from 2 angles and still have 20-30% of users having issues opening apps   7.14.1 2008 R2 VDA's  also seeing it on 2016 VDA, i thought we were okay there until i shifted more users to apps on them.  thinking its time to roll back to 7.13 VDA until next release unless anyone has any solid ideas or fixes..

this is the error from Storefront

No available resource found for user Domain\Users when accessing desktop group APP. This message was reported from the Citrix XML Service at address https://FQDN.COM/scripts/wpnbr.dll [NFuseProtocol.TRequestAddress].

DC errors

The Citrix Broker Service failed to determine the base settings needed for the Virtual Desktop Agent of machine 'VDA FQDN.com'. 

Please restart this machine and if this problem persists, see Citrix Knowledge Base article CTX126990. 

Error details: 

Exception 'Type: Citrix.Cds.Protocol.Constants.SessionProtocol

Parameter name: enumStr' of type 'System.ArgumentNullException'.

The Citrix Broker Service failed to broker a connection for user 'Domain\useru' to resource 'Windows Explorer'. The Citrix Broker Service cannot find any available virtual machines. 

Please add more virtual machines to the site. If the problem is due to existing virtual machines not becoming available, see Citrix Knowledge Base article CTX126992.

Archived