Photo

Publishing a layered image fails every time with the same error

Started by Nick Panaccio , 19 May 2017 - 05:39 PM
3 replies to this topic

Best Answer Rob Zylowski , 19 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

Hi Nick,

If you are using a fully patched up 1607 build I think the problem is that Microsoft created a new type of reparse point for NTFS that they use with the new OfficeHub package.  The open source NTFS file system we use on our appliance doesnt understand it.  The best way to handle it is to add a version to your OS layer and remove the OfficeHub Package using powershell

Run powershell as administrator

get-appxpackage -name "*officehub*"

This should return a single entry for the office hub package.  Assuming it does run

get-appxpackage -name "*officehub*" | remove-appxpackage

Then run

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | where Displayname -EQ "Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub" | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online

The commands should say they succeed

Try to republish.

Nick Panaccio Members

Nick Panaccio
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

I'm attempting to publish a layered image (OS Layer: W10 x64, Platform Layer: Citrix PVS + VDA 7.13) in App Layering 4.2, but when I go to publish it, it always fails with the following error: "A failure occurred while publishing the Layered Image:  Failed scanning a directory for files.". I can delete this template and create a new one from scratch only to have it fail with the same error message. The only way I seem to be able to get around it is to delete the existing layers and recreate them from scratch, which as you can imagine is an awful solution.

Any ideas? I've only found one other post with the same error message, and it dealt with app layers, which we have none of.

Rob Zylowski Citrix Employees

Rob Zylowski
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

Hi Nick,

If you are using a fully patched up 1607 build I think the problem is that Microsoft created a new type of reparse point for NTFS that they use with the new OfficeHub package.  The open source NTFS file system we use on our appliance doesnt understand it.  The best way to handle it is to add a version to your OS layer and remove the OfficeHub Package using powershell

Run powershell as administrator

get-appxpackage -name "*officehub*"

This should return a single entry for the office hub package.  Assuming it does run

get-appxpackage -name "*officehub*" | remove-appxpackage

Then run

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | where Displayname -EQ "Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub" | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online

The commands should say they succeed

Try to republish.

Best Answer

Rob Zylowski Citrix Employees

Rob Zylowski
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

Nick I was just talking to Matt Allen on my team.  He also had to recreate any layer he had made with his updated OS layer when the OfficeHub was installed.  So if your test fails again try recreating your platform layer.  If you still have issues after that open a ticket.

Rob

Nick Panaccio Members

Nick Panaccio
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

Rob - thank you very much! That was indeed the issue. I'm happy to report that I can now complete the entire process and begin working on a layered image in XenDesktop.