Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:18 AM
A small correction on my side (bad notes).
So to consider all possible scenarios:
- Site is working correctly: Rebooting any DDC will not have any impact on LHC as long as DDC will become operational before outage starts.
- Site is in outage and LHC triggered: Rebooting any DDC will have impact depending on the election order of the DDC being rebooted:
- If the rebooted DDC is the elected one, different DDC will take over (causing registration storm) and when the DDC gets back, it will take over brokering causing second registration storm. Site will sort itself out and all will work.
- If the rebooted DDC is not the elected one, it will not impact any functionality.
- If you turn the DDC down when site is working, and start it during outage, LHC will not trigger on that machine. This DDC will not impact the LHC unless it would become the elected one. In that scenario it will take control, however not start LHC and resources would not be available.