Photo

Using Powershell to Add Applications to a Application Group

Started by Nick Rimmer , 20 April 2017 - 03:13 PM
3 replies to this topic

Best Answer Dennis Parker , 20 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

If you can do it in Studio, go to the top of your tree and select your site (Mine says Citrix Studio (site name)). Then select the PowerShell tab and you should find the command(s) that Studio uses. From there you should be able to modify to suit your needs.

Nick Rimmer Members

Nick Rimmer
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

I need to publish the same set of applications to multiple clients, I have planned this as follows:

Machine Catalogue ---- > Delivery Group 1 ---- > Application Groups  SILO 1, SILO2, SILO3 etc.

I've found the powershell cmdlet to create the application in a delivery group and it works, I can't seem to get it to do the same in the Application group ? I used New-BrokerApplication cmdlet.

I can do it manually in Studio.

I'm using version 7.12 on a Windows 2012R2 server.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Dennis Parker Members

Dennis Parker
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

If you can do it in Studio, go to the top of your tree and select your site (Mine says Citrix Studio (site name)). Then select the PowerShell tab and you should find the command(s) that Studio uses. From there you should be able to modify to suit your needs.

Best Answer

Jack Tu Citrix Employees

Jack Tu
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

Dennis's comments is what i want to say.

All the operations in the Citrix Studio console will have corresponding powershell command line showed in the powershell tab

Nick Rimmer Members

Nick Rimmer
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

Perfect thanks, it works a treat now !