Started by willem ter Veld , 20 April 2017 - 08:57 AM
3 replies to this topic

willem ter Veld Members

willem ter Veld
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

Hello,

I have a 2 node server XEN cluster.

I installed 2 ZEN server loadbalancers and clusterd them. When the tun on the same XEN host the LB cluster is oke. But When I migrate 1 LB to an other Xen host the LB cluster fails!

I turns out that they use the VRRP protocol to communicate! Why is XEN blocking this protocol? And can I turn this of?

Willem Jan

Marc O'Neill Citrix Employees

Marc O'Neill
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

Hello,

I have a 2 node server XEN cluster.

I installed 2 ZEN server loadbalancers and clusterd them. When the tun on the same XEN host the LB cluster is oke. But When I migrate 1 LB to an other Xen host the LB cluster fails!

I turns out that they use the VRRP protocol to communicate! Why is XEN blocking this protocol? And can I turn this of?

Willem Jan

If I remember correctly VM multicast isnt supported on XS and if I recall VRRP uses multicast for identification.

It is a requirement we are aware of.

willem ter Veld Members

willem ter Veld
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

Hi Marc,

Is there a work around? Other then keeping the to servers on the same XEN host?

other question: How can I keep the to servers "together"? So when I migrete one LB to other host they both migrate?

Favio Leyva Members

Favio Leyva
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:38 AM

Hi! willem, you can configure VRRP in unicast mode? with using two network interfaces. When configure VRRP in multicast mode, this use one network interface

for example: https://www.atlantic.net/community/howto/vrrp-keepalived-configuration/

Favitox