Export Storefront Configuration

Started by Paul Morrison , 13 April 2017 - 09:38 PM
4 replies to this topic

Paul Morrison Members

Paul Morrison
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

Hey All,

I am trying to relocate my storefront configuration to a new set of servers and I'm not having any luck with the Export-STFConfiguration command. This is what I get:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Export-STFConfiguration -TargetFolder c:\temp -ZipFileName "backup" -NoEncryption
Export-STFConfiguration : An error occurred configuring StoreFront diagnostics. The running command stopped because
the preference variable "ErrorActionPreference" or common parameter is set to Stop: Cannot remove item
C:\UsersAppData\Local\Temp\Citrix\TemporaryStoreFrontConfigurationFolder\Receiver
Clients\Windows\CitrixReceiver.exe: You do not have sufficient access rights to perform this operation.
At line:1 char:1
+ Export-STFConfiguration -TargetFolder c:\temp -ZipFileName "backup" -NoEncryptio ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Export-STFConfiguration], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Management.Automation.ActionPreferenceStopException,Citrix.StoreFront.ExportConfi
   guration

It seems this is a temp file/folder created by the export command to first dump the config and then zip it. I assume I am missing something rather simple as I cannot find anything on this error anywhere else. I have also tried creating the credential object as per the documentation but regardless, I still get this error. As a result I cannot import either. Can anyone advise how I can get around this? 

Thanks;

Carl Stalhood CTP Member

Carl Stalhood
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:54 PM

Sometimes the permissions on the files under C:\Program Files\Citrix\Receiver StoreFront\Receiver Clients are not correct. Try propagating permissions to those files.

Paul Morrison Members

Paul Morrison
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

Thanks Carl. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help. I've even given myself full control permissions on that folder and propegated but I still get the same error running the export. 

Paul Morrison Members

Paul Morrison
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

Ok so renaming the Receiver Client folder has allowed me to export the configuration without error. Importing is now giving me an issue. I've tried the same trick with the Receiver Client folder but that doesn't appear to be the issue on the import side. I've also stopped all storefront services but I get the same error each time:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Import-STFConfiguration -ConfigurationZip C:\Users\Desktop\backup.zip
Import-STFConfiguration : An error occurred configuring StoreFront diagnostics. Method invocation failed because
[System.Collections.Hashtable+ValueCollection] does not contain a method named 'Contains'.
At line:1 char:1
+ Import-STFConfiguration -ConfigurationZip C:\Users\Desktop\backup.zip
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Import-STFConfiguration], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException,Citrix.StoreFront.ImportConfigura
   tion

Paul Morrison Members

Paul Morrison
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

Any other ideas here? I really don't want to have to re-configure storefront from scratch here so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. 

Thanks.