Photo

Automation Proces with Citrix questions.

Started by Pedro Perez , 06 April 2017 - 04:48 PM
2 replies to this topic

Pedro Perez Members

Pedro Perez
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

Hi all, i am new here and with Automation proces concepts.

Im learning to play with Blue Prism, an automation proces tool.

Here starts the problem, this tool have 4 types of connectors. Java connector, browser connector, Windows connector and mainframe connector.

I tried to connect Citrix with all of the lasts connectors, but i have less idea for mainframe connector.

I did search, and i think that the problem is i dont know what connector exactly I need.

I attach a image with differents connectors, and my doubt is,

There are connectors that need a EHLAPI32.DLL, this is from Citrix or windows?

There are others connectors that need Path to session file, this give me Citrix in some file?

Anothers connectors have ports, dlls and session files, but i think that is less probably need this.

Thank a lot if can answer me, if not, thanks a lot another time.

Pedro.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

Madison Quinn Members

Madison Quinn
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

Hello @pedro perez

So, in order to integrate with a thin client application we must redefine the application surface as a series of rectangles. This is known as surface automation, and this is the best way to integrate blue prism with Citrix.

You could also try checking the windows process running (.exe) once citrix is launched via IE, and then try attaching to that process.

When you work with Citrix it depends on the mode you are using. Some of the windows will actually be separate windows, use the Active Accessibility mode to spy them. Some other "windows" or tabs are only visual and you will need to use the Region mode to interact with them.

Thanks.

Azhar uddin Members

Azhar uddin
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

Hii pedro perez,

Connectors that need a EHLAPI32.DLL, is from Citrix. Citrix plays an important role to corporate companies like BPOs and contact centres, where applications need to be accessed remotely due to security considerations. Applications are streamed as an image, and Citrix offers the best virtualization support for this. Blue Prism can automate manual processes on Citrix without leaving any traces on the server. Our software works perfectly with even the most complex applications in only a few minutes.

It is able to see the user interface like a human even in virtualized environments (via OCR) and will recognize controls and text.

Use Blue Prism for:
  • Data entry automation
  • Data extraction/scraping
  • Content migration
  • Legacy integration