Welcome to our new Citrix community!

The Citrix Desktop Service was refused a connection to the delivery controller

Ian Mc Carthy

Question

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can help me get to the bottom of an issue I can't seem to solve.

I am creating a new MCS master image and adding it to my site but the virtual machines never register with Citrix Studio. They are getting stuck at initializing and then return to Unregistered.

I have tried created all new server 2012 R2 templates thinking that it was the clone of my working stand alone vda that was the issue but the result is the same.

I have run the Citrix Health Assistant and all test pass. I also have non MCS desktops that register just fine. The error log on the vda is no help as the message is as below:

The Citrix Desktop Service was refused a connection to the delivery controller 'Correct fqdn' (IP Address 'correct ip address").

The registration was refused due to 'No Reason Provided'.

I can ping both ways, windows firewall is disabled, tried using the same vlan to rule out hardware firewall. At this point I don't know what else to try.

Open to suggestions.

8 answers to this question

Getting event 1002
The Citrix Desktop Service cannot connect to the delivery controller 'http://Removed:80/Citrix/CdsController/IRegistrar' (IP Address 'Removed') 

Check that the system clock is in sync between this machine and the delivery controller. If this does not resolve the problem, please refer to Citrix Knowledge Base article CTX117248 for further information. 

Error Details: 
Exception 'Internal error' of type 'System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Citrix.Cds.Protocol.Controller.Fault]'..
The Citrix Desktop Service has detected that the delivery controller Removed.iebdidom.local 
(IP Address Removed) cannot connect to the Service. One possible reason for this is that the 'Access this computer from the network' security policy does not allow the delivery controller server identity to access this machine. 

Please check that a local or group policy is not set incorrectly to disallow access from the delivery controller servers.

Event 1024
The Citrix Desktop Service is attempting registration with the delivery controller Removed (IP Address Removed) too rapidly. Event log messages about these attempts will be suppressed until the repetition has stopped for at least 10 minutes. 

Please refer to Citrix Knowledge Base article CTX117248 for further information.

Event 1023
The Citrix Desktop Service was refused a connection to the delivery controller 'Removed' (IP Address 'Removed'). 

The registration was refused due to 'No Reason Provided'.

Running version 7.8 for controller and tried version 7.8 & 7.13 for the vda.

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunatley I still have the same issue.

1. Session linger is off

2. Access this computer from the network is not set anywhere in my GPO's but I created a new one just in case with the controllers listed but still the same issue.

3. The session doesn't unregister at launch rather it never registers at all so I don't think CTX132536 applies. I also only have two dcc.

Just want to update this for anyone else stuck with the same issue. I changed the Delivery controller on the VDA to "Do it manually" instead of "Let Machine Creation Services do it automatically" and now my VDA's register jsut fine.

Not sure what the issue with "Let Machine Creation Services do it automatically" is but I can set the Delivery Controllers manually for now.

Thanks for all your help Jack.

On 4/7/2017 at 11:48 AM, Ian Mc Carthy said:

I changed the Delivery controller on the VDA to "Do it manually" instead of "Let Machine Creation Services do it automatically"

Ian, what does this mean?  Where did you make the Change?  The Delivery Controller is one thing, the VDA is a different thing.  Can you help me understand where and how you made the change?