Photo

SSL Error 4, this is new

Started by cliff poe , 23 March 2017 - 08:02 PM
7 replies to this topic

cliff poe Members

cliff poe
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

We have a pretty static XenDesktop/XenApp farm (two farms actually - separate and distinct from one another) and all of a sudden, we have a small number of users getting SSL Error 4 errors when connecting to either XenApp or XenDesktop. 

By connecting, I mean it lets the user log in, but when they try to launch an app or a desktop, they get the SSL Error 4.  Specifically, the error is:

Unable to launch your application.  Cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server.  SSL Error 4: the operation completed successfully.

Now, these two farms are static.  NO changes in the netscaler or the controllers or the certs.  We are pretty darn sure it's machine specific because these users who are impacted can move to other machines and connect just fine.  Also, these two farms have hundreds of users and only a small number are reporting the problem.

Can someone point me in the direction of what might be going on here?

Thanks

Cliff

Brian Zegers Members

Brian Zegers
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

We are recently getting the same error from some users going through our Access Gateway.  Looks to be related to the latest 4.7 or 12.5 Receiver client that was just released this week.  Back-reving them to the prior release (4.6 or 12.4) is the short term fix we are using until Citrix support can identify why the latest client gets this error.

Brian Zegers Members

Brian Zegers
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

Looks like this is a known issue when using certain versions of Netscaler.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX221453

Radoslaw Czajkowski Members

Radoslaw Czajkowski
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

Same problem here. I have uninstalled Receiver 4.7 and installed 4.6. Now can connect wihtout a problem. Citrix should fix this ASAP.

Brandon Wallace Members

Brandon Wallace
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

I also had the same problem, I was getting an "...SSL Error 4.  The operation completed successfully".  I'm running XenDesktop 7.1, although we are just using the XenApp portion of it.  Uninstalling Receiver 4.7 and reverting to 4.6 fixed the issue.  Definitely something Citrix needs to address.

KevHal Members

Kevin Halstead
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

Hi,

We were affected by the issue so thank you for this thread, spend many hours playing with SSL certificates thinking there was something wrong with them.

We had Windows and Mac clients that could not connect anymore after upgrading Citrix Receiver. We were on the affected Netscaler build 131.11, so we ran the Netscaler firmware update and got it to 135.12.

Windows clients then started to work successfully. However Mac Clients on 12.5 still could not connect, still got the SSL error.  in the end we had no choice but to downgrade them to 12.4 where it started working again.  

So this issue is not fixed, can it still be looked into please before we have more people updating to the latest Receiver, otherwise we will be inundated with calls from users with Macs.

Thanks

Kevin

Nathan Stotts Members

Nathan Stotts
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

I do want to report that my SDX and MPX are running 10.1: Build 123.9 and 123.9.nc respectively.

We are still seeing the SSL Error 4 on Windows machines and Peer Handshake error on Mac's. 

Ether27 Members

Felix Onyango
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Interesting, I am starting to see similar reports from users running receiver version 4.6 or higher. NS 11.48. Any updates on this besides downgrading receiver version?