Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenApp 6.0 Compatabilty with 2012 R2 Domain/Forest Functional Levels

Brian Mooney1709157652

Question

I am looking for some advice here on this. There is limited documentation on XenApp 6.0.

We are running a XenApp 6.0 environment with PVS 6.1. Currently the domain functional level is set to "Windows Server 2008 R2". While we understand that XenApp 6.0 is no longer under support, I need to verify that XenApp 6.0 is compatible with a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain and forest functional level.

We also need to know if CItrix Provisioning Services version 6.1 is compatible. Are there any issues with upgrading our domain and forest functional levels from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012 R2 for any of the above at all?

We are in the process of spinning up a new 7.6 environment and I know for sure that is compatible.

Our concern is that if we update AD that XenApp 6.0 will have issues and that would be bad especially since it is no longer supported by Citrix.

1 answer to this question

On 3/20/2017 at 5:56 PM, Brian Mooney1709157652 said:

I am looking for some advice here on this. There is limited documentation on XenApp 6.0.

We are running a XenApp 6.0 environment with PVS 6.1. Currently the domain functional level is set to "Windows Server 2008 R2". While we understand that XenApp 6.0 is no longer under support, I need to verify that XenApp 6.0 is compatible with a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain and forest functional level.

We also need to know if CItrix Provisioning Services version 6.1 is compatible. Are there any issues with upgrading our domain and forest functional levels from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012 R2 for any of the above at all?

We are in the process of spinning up a new 7.6 environment and I know for sure that is compatible.

Our concern is that if we update AD that XenApp 6.0 will have issues and that would be bad especially since it is no longer supported by Citrix.

Brian, 

I know this was posted a long time ago, but I am in the process of updating our AD DFL to 2012 R2, and am concerned about our 6.0 environment. Did you have any issues during your upgrade?