Photo

Where can I see what client drives (\\Client\*) are available within the users ICA session?

Started by Sascha Goeckel , 17 March 2017 - 04:28 PM
4 replies to this topic

Sascha Goeckel Members

Sascha Goeckel
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the Citrix Drive Mapping feature.

Is there a way to get the available client drives (shown under \\Client\*) which are available from my endpoint within the users’ session? I like to use a script to find out what client drives are available to be mapped into the users’ session, but like to do the mapping case-by-case with my script!

Are the information available somewhere in the users’ registry, from a PowerShell Citrix applet or any API?

Anyone has some ideas / feedback / guidance for me please? Much appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,

Sascha

Aaron Silber Members

Aaron Silber
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

You should be able to just do a simple NET USE from a command prompt and get back the list of connected drives.

Sascha Goeckel Members

Sascha Goeckel
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

Thank you Aaron for your feedback so far.  :)

This is OK if I like to see the already connected client drives but AutoConnect Client Drives is not enabled. I like to map the drives in case-by-case situation with the NET USE command from within my script.

Therefore I need to know where I can see how many client drives are available through the Citrix ICA protocol within the users session. Some clients presenting only 1 drive and other clients maybe 4 drives. So I'm looking for a way to find out how many drives are available!?

Thanks,

Sascha

Andreas Schulz Members

Andreas Schulz
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

You can query the available client drives with the following command:

Get-WmiObject -ComputerName "your client name" -Class "win32_logicaldisk"

Use the DriveType property to distinguish between local disks, network drives and so on. Be aware of the limitations of this solution, for example:

1) works only for Windows Clients

2) may not work for external Clients

Regards,

Andreas

Sascha Goeckel Members

Sascha Goeckel
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your response! As said by you, the solution has its limitations which does not allow me to go for this.

Best regards,

Sascha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XenApp, Client Drives, Client Mapping, Client Drive Mapping, Script