Photo

photoshop on XenDesktop

Started by Akinola Oke , 17 March 2017 - 04:14 PM
2 replies to this topic

Akinola Oke Members

Akinola Oke
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

We have VMs provisioned with “photoshop” but seem to be having problem in displaying Images correctly. I actually found this article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX132709, but it only dealt with the issue till version 7.1 and we are on XenDesktop-7.13. Even the registry path indicated in article does not correspond to the actual path on our system.

The article referenced “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA\Thinwire” while “Thinwire” could only be found on “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\PortICA\Thinwire” and “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Thinwire” on my System. I did add the registry in both locations but seems not have effected any changes.

Is this article obsolete for newer XenDesktop versions or I have to manually create the mentioned “Thinwire” path indicated in the article?

If obsolete, then what is appropriate way to approach the issue?

What is the procedure to disable “Graphic compression” in XenDesktop?

Thanks

George Spiers Members

George Spiers
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

You want to disable H.264 deep compression? That is done via a Citrix Studio policy called "Use video codec for compression". Set to "Do not use video codec"

I'd suggest applying this to a single test VDA and seeing if it resolves your issue.

What OS are you using?

Christian Hozee Members

Christian Hozee
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

We see this in out XenDesktop environment with legacy graphics enabled. (blue purple haze in Photoshop) We edited the default.ica with EnableOss=Off